Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:49 AM

Re: This Is just wonderful

Video won't play for me - so I am feeling deprived - but I always thought that Paul and George were the two most talented of the Beatles and love their music.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:11 AM

Hey Silver Tabby. Look up James Corden and Paul McCartney in Carpool Kareoke. You should be able to view it that way. It’s a great 20 plus minutes of pure enjoyment. The festivity is infectious.

Here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I doubt very much that when James Corden created “Carpool Kareoke,” he wasn’t seeking perfection. He was seeking FUN!

He has carpooled with so many stars and done such a great job and the man can sing and improvise incredibly well. He’s the kind of guy that everyone likes. In fact, it’s hard not to like him.

Singing with Paul McCartney was a dream come true for him. He wasn’t looking to create the best performance. He was looking to create a magical, memorable moment which he did.

No Paul isn’t in his prime and definitely didn’t sound his best but so what. That doesn’t mean he should stop singing in public. What they did together was create some fun musical moments with no pretentiousness and for myself, it was priceless.

Stating that Paul McCartney shouldn’t sing any more in public is like saying a famous model should never have their picture taken ever again after a certain age which is ludicrous. External beauty is merely skin deep. Internal beauty is eternal and lasts forever.

Paul McCartney is a legendary icon who helped change the direction of music for an eternity who deserves the respect and admiration he gets. No he doesn’t sing like he used to but nobody expects him to.

In my opinion, it took a lot of personal integrity to put himself out there especially after such acclaimed stardom, knowing he’ll never sound like he used to.
That should be admired not criticized and he was.

I’ll always love Paul McCartney but I also really like James Corden. What a really fun character he is. He has an uncanny ability to put anyone he’s with at ease and he really can sing too. I have already seen him sing with Elton John, MaDonna, Adam Levine, and my favourite female singer Christine Aguilera and he rocks it with flying colours.

That was GREAT.
Thanks Muddy.

A great post Bratti !
That's how I feel .
I don't care if Macca croaked like a frog it was just wonderful!

In fact I am just watching it again !
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:05 AM

It wasn't supposed to be a performance as good as in the old days. It's all the things that Bratti put into words, especially:
Paul McCartney is a legendary icon who helped change the direction of music for an eternity who deserves the respect and admiration he gets. No he doesn’t sing like he used to but nobody expects him to.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hey Silver Tabby. Look up James Corden and Paul McCartney in Carpool Kareoke. You should be able to view it that way. It’s a great 20 plus minutes of pure enjoyment. The festivity is infectious.

Here it is

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ
That worked - thank you Bratti - it is brilliant.
Thanks also to Muddy for thinking of it!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:17 PM

He's only doing it for publicity because he has a new album out and the record company have come up the idea. As if he needs any publicity.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm not surprised he started crying having to listen to McCartney.
Quite!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:14 PM

He cried because the lyrics of Let it be are so moving .
I did too.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
He cried because the lyrics of Let it be are so moving .
I did too.
But unfortunately some people just aren’t movable.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2018, 06:59 AM

Sorry but I think he has always been over rated, and he should certainly give it up now ...embarrassing.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top