Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:20 PM

Aloe vera plant

I have ordered myself an indoor Aloe Vera plant,as this is supposed to have many healing qualities,also ,my niece tells me, it helps with breathing,Anyone know anything about these plants ?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:29 PM

Re: Aloe vera plant

All the kitchens Ive worked in have Aloe Vera plants, mainly because their sap is pure balm to scalds and burns

Aloe Vera is one of natures remedies for just about anything you can imagine.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 08:41 PM

Deylon, I have kept Aloe plants for a good few years now.

I have got 5 nice ones at the mo. The biggest one being about 2ft high and growing well.
I would have many more if I wasn't firm with myself, as they multiply readily if the conditions are right.
You get 'babies' popping up in the soil all around the Mother plant. If I want another young plant to grow on, I take one of the babies off and pot it up separately. Otherwise I take them off and discard them, although I hate throwing plants away - it seems almost cruel.
Sometimes I have repotted some just to give away, rather than discard them.

They need cactus compost, not ordinary John Innes or Multi purpose composts. They also need sunlight.

Better than me telling you, I give you this link and you can have a read and digest it at leisure.
I mostly have them because I use the sap for bites and stings, it is very soothing.

I also drink Aloe Vera Juice each morning in warm water, have done for several years now. My Indian yoga teacher started me on it. I buy that though, I don't make my own.

Here's the link for you:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/hou...plant-care.htm

The above is the easiest link, this one is more in depth:

http://www.aloeveragarden.com/about_aloevera.html
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2018, 10:09 PM

Using pure aloe directly off the plant is heavenly. It has so many beneficial properties; a main one being a great remedy for burns. Fire fighters suggest using egg whites right after a burn followed by aloe Vera

Having one in the kitchen is ideal.
So many uses for it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top