Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:42 PM

Re: All things Astronomical

I’ve looked at Saturn through a 60x spotting scope and seen the rings perfectly. Even a couple of the moons!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
I’ve looked at Saturn through a 60x spotting scope and seen the rings perfectly. Even a couple of the moons!
Yeah, perhaps x20 just isn't powerful enough, plus there's the problem of keeping them still of course.
FridgeMagnet
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:00 PM

Keep an eye out in Aldi & Lidl! They have them going for ridiculous prices sometimes!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Keep an eye out in Aldi & Lidl! They have them going for ridiculous prices sometimes!

I can't remember the magnification of my telescope, I haven't used it for years but it was one of those where everything is upside down which took a bit of getting used to.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I can't remember the magnification of my telescope, I haven't used it for years but it was one of those where everything is upside down which took a bit of getting used to.
You have bought the Australian model
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:22 PM

I think mine is a Celestron 90mm refractor or something like that, not used it for ages but I used to be able to see the rings of Saturn nice, Jupiter and its belts but never the red spot, Venus and it's phases which was nice....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-07-2018, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
You have bought the Australian model
I knew it! Bloody cheap Tat.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

11-07-2018, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
I think mine is a Celestron 90mm refractor or something like that, not used it for ages but I used to be able to see the rings of Saturn nice, Jupiter and its belts but never the red spot, Venus and it's phases which was nice....
I have seen some of the planets (struggling to remember now) One of my favourite sights though is the Pleiades.
FridgeMagnet

11-07-2018, 04:24 PM

I'd love to post a picture I'v just taken with my iPad using Skyview. It shows the inside of my living room facing the window. But it also shows Jupiter just below the horizon in real time. It's frustrating where with some forums you can post pictures direct from your own files. And others like this one where you have to use picture hosts! I just can't get Photobucket to co-operate anymore, like it used to.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2018, 04:25 PM

Photobucket isn't free anymore

use postimage, you don't even need to sign up

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top