Join for free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 09:41 AM

The New Hot Seat.

It's been suggested on another thread that some members would like to see a return of 'The Hot Seat'

Basically this is where a member puts themselves in the spotlight answering any questions about themselves from other members.

The questions can be about anything at all - your favourite colour - favourite food - regrets in life - first job - first romance etc etc... You don't have to answer any questions you don't like..

No need to rush with the questions and answers.
I think last time we kept the member in the Hot set for 5 days - had a 2 day rest & then the next participating member went in the seat...

Anybody interested in putting themselves in 'The Hotseat' can put your name down here.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: The New Hot Seat.

Love the idea, Carol. I'll do it
The only problem I could see would be that as with all threads it may go off topic and the inevitable chit chat starts again and the thread loses its way.
If people stick to the main purpose of asking the interviewee their questions, that would be great.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Maybe it should be in the self moderated section and then carol could be In Charge, as it was her idea, and anyone posting rubbish could be zapped...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Can you put a link to the previous thread Carol, to give folks an idea on how it worked.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Maybe it should be in the self moderated section and then carol could be In Charge, as it was her idea, and anyone posting rubbish could be zapped...
just what i was thinking.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 12:51 PM

Two point more points:

1 Would the thread have a different interviewee until that particular person has done? I.e. I'm thinking interviews may get mixed up if they are all in the same thread.

2 Would the person need to be there all the time to answer questions? What if someone asked a question and had to wait eight hours while the responder woke up etc?

I wasn't on the forum the last time it was done, so I don't know.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:01 PM

I've come across this elsewhere some time ago and, as far as I can remember, it worked quite well. I'd be up for it.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:02 PM

Good idea Carol

For those who are new to it, take a look at these links....

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...highlight=Seat

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...highlight=Seat
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Are you allowed to answer with, " mind you're own #*ез%!!! business?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Love the idea, Carol. I'll do it
The only problem I could see would be that as with all threads it may go off topic and the inevitable chit chat starts again and the thread loses its way.
If people stick to the main purpose of asking the interviewee their questions, that would be great.
Thank you Floydy. You will be the first to go in the Hotseat.

Each person will have their own thread - eg: Floydy in the hotseat. Devo in the hotseat etc.

You answer the questions in your own good time but the longer you leave it the more the questions will mount up.

It went well last time - strictly questions & answers. Hopefully nobody will post rubbish and spoil it.

Each participant will be in the hot-seat for 5 days and then a 2 day rest before the next one.

Some people might ask questions you don't want to answer so just don't answer them.

I think one hot-seat a week is enough, hence the 2 day rest in between.

Thanks for the links Mags.x

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top