Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:49 PM

Cleaning Lady

Does anyone have a cleaning lady?

I hired one. In fact, I am in the bedroom and she is cleaning the house right now...it is nice to sit back and let someone else do the housework.

She charges $20.00 per hour and I don't know if it will take her two hours or three. I shall see when she gets done.

What do you get your cleaning lady to do? I told her to do a thorough cleaning of the bathroom from top to bottom, including, using windex to make the taps all shine when she is done....(this is the first priority...then the rest of the work)

She can do all the floors that need washing and waxing, vacuuming, dusting.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Re: Cleaning Lady

Blimey Blue, my cleaning lady is only here in my daydreams, the rest of the time - it's me.
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

19-07-2018, 09:04 PM

If I ever get a cleaner I'd have to do a thorough clean before they arrived.:lol

I find if you keep on top of it every day it doesn't take long but then me and him are meagre tidy
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:13 PM

Before she passed away my beloved sister used to do my cleaning. I used to pay her well as she was really strapped for cash. How I looked at it was, I was helping her whilst she was helping me as I had to go out to work and really didn't feel like doing housework when I got home from work. Ideal for both of us.

I remember years ago when I was flitting between jobs bringing up my son I got a job as a house cleaner for a woman and she put me off for life. She used to follow me around making sure I'd done everything and if I dared to leave a smear on her shower cubicle it was more than my life was worth, you'd swear I'd committed murder. I wouldn't care she didn't pay that well either!!!

These days now my sister isn't here anymore I do my own but I don't enjoy it, much preferring to spend my free time doing things I want to do and find pleasing LOL.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:26 PM

I would be the same as Panda and l would be cleaning the place up before the cleaner arrived.

Are cleaners restricted to doing certain jobs now, due to Health And Safety?

I wouldn’t like a snooping one!!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
If I ever get a cleaner I'd have to do a thorough clean before they arrived.:lol

I find if you keep on top of it every day it doesn't take long but then me and him are meagre tidy
Besides that, I'd be noticing the spots they missed, or did a half way job on......

Nope! I want to do it myself while I can.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 09:47 PM

I wish I could get a cleaner, but dont know any one.My son is supposed to vacuum the floor while I do everything else,but he does it as/when he feels like it ,which isnt often.I cant use the cleaner it sets my breathing off badly,[too heavy ]but Im considering getting a Carpet Sweeper.My friend has 1 ,says it is marvellous ,cleans hard floors & carpets easily and well
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Blimey Blue, my cleaning lady is only here in my daydreams, the rest of the time - it's me.
Same here Mups. How the other half live eh!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:09 PM

When I lived overseas I always had a cleaning lady and for many years a live in maid .
I was working so i needed help.
It's lovely to have a clean tidy house
I was very fond of most them and they liked working for me
Now I have to do it myself!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2018, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Does anyone have a cleaning lady?

I hired one. In fact, I am in the bedroom and she is cleaning the house right now...it is nice to sit back and let someone else do the housework.

She charges $20.00 per hour and I don't know if it will take her two hours or three. I shall see when she gets done.

What do you get your cleaning lady to do? I told her to do a thorough cleaning of the bathroom from top to bottom, including, using windex to make the taps all shine when she is done....(this is the first priority...then the rest of the work)

She can do all the floors that need washing and waxing, vacuuming, dusting.
If Canada is the same as here, are you obligated to contribute to the Cleaning lady's pension?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top