Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cat woman
Romsey
Cat woman is female 

09-10-2015, 05:51 PM

Re: A true friend

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
True also someone you don't feel judged by something I am struggling with in friendships I thought I had at the moment.
I know how you feel , I cannot understand people .
I thought I had a friend but she decided I wasn't anymore after my mother died when I needed her most , she made out I was the problem .
Another friend I have is sweet but only on her terms do I see her, where are the friend s that you can pick up the phone and have a moan and a laugh.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 10:54 PM

How many true friends have we got? Can you count them on one hand?

I mean people you know would do anything for you and vice versa, not just acquaintances down the pub or at work.

Earlier this year I fell out with a very old friend of 40-odd years, and it was very sad. It was actually her husband I fell out with, and me and my friend tried to carry on, but it was never the same, and I think we both knew it.
Such a shame.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 11:36 AM

Life has taught me that people come and go , some stay longer than others , it's like a train journey , while your in your carriage others get on and off , some stay with you the journey , others pop in and out . Some get back on again , some move to another carriage.

I've learned you can never truly know someone even though you think you do . I've shared deepest feelings with friends who I thought I knew and would be around for ever , saddened when they chose to walk away leaving me stunned as to why .

Yet new friends have come in and it's nice learning about each other , yet I feel it's OK if they decide to move on .

Profound words told to me by my brother

" at the end it's not the words of your enemy's you'll remember .......but the silence of your friends "
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 11:38 AM

You're right Susan. Wise words.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 02:36 PM

i have 2 good friends for over 28 yrs now .friends last ...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 04:56 PM

I dont do friends, they expect prezzies for Christmas and Birthdays. Then they want to tell you about their problems, and come round and expect to be fed and watered while pouring out their miseries on you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-10-2015, 11:30 PM

Cheerful soul, aint yer.

Derbygal
Idaho USA
Derbygal is female  Derbygal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw this today, and liked it:

"Your friend is someone who knows all about you - and still likes you."
A friend is like an angel, you cant see her but you know shes there.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 04:43 AM

My best buddy knows me better than I know myself. And through almost forty years he's still there for me. If he had liked girls I would have married him
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2015, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I dont do friends, they expect prezzies for Christmas and Birthdays. Then they want to tell you about their problems, and come round and expect to be fed and watered while pouring out their miseries on you.
Yes some do seem to want more than they give, tell you all their problems, borrow and depress you then when you need support disappear never to be seen again.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top