Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Re: Heating on

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
When I moved I didn't bring my space heater; wish now I had. It's been damp and chilly for a few days but the building hasn't cut the heating on yet.
I regret donating it to the church sale now; a little heat would be nice!
Ever considered one of these Eileen? It's not cheap but very effective.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Relaxwell-Lu...6634118&sr=1-7
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 10:30 PM

That's interesting, Berxer, thanks, but I'm more in the mood for a small space heater.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2011, 08:12 AM

I'm very lucky here, I live in a terraced block and have flats above and below me too, so the only two walls that have direct access to the wide world are my front and back walls. Both have large windows, but they are double glazed. Have central heating, but room thermostat here in my lounge has never dipped below 20oC so far this Autumn, and since my lounge faces West whatever sun there is shines directly into my lounge and heats it up all afternoon. As a consequence, I haven't had cause to put my heating on since March.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top