Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Could you live without your mobile phone?

Since first getting one in 1998 (mainly for calls and texts back then) I now have an iPhone X and don't think I could live without it.

Primary uses: Maps, News, Weather, texts, calls, music, other apps.

I feel naked and out of touch without it as I found out recently when I went to an appointment and forgot it. I still had music with me (Apple watch and Airpods) but no phone.

In the house it's replaced my landline which I almost never use. In fact my landline is just used to call for a taxi. I dial the number and press 1 for an almost instant taxi to my house.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:20 PM

Re: Could you live without your mobile phone?

Add... camera
Photo albums
Printer controller
WhatsApp
Train ticket buyer
Holiday booker
Calendar..date reminder
Diary
Banking
Bill paying
Emailing
Alarm
Games
Mini tv
Watch..stopwatch etc
Samsung Health app
Newspaper
Satnav
Kindle
Microsoft Office
Address book
Forum portal

Remove it at your peril
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:23 PM

I could certainly live without it (as I did before) but it would make life more difficult. I only really use it for texts and the occasional call but I prefer having it with me when driving in case I need to call the breakdown people.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Add camera
Photo albums
Printer controller
WhatsApp
Train ticket buyer
Holiday booker
Calendar
Diary
Banking
Bill paying
Emailing
Alarm

Spot on Rhian
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:26 PM

I don't think so, my phone is as important to me as my purse and if I lost it i.d be devastated. I often think how did I manage before I had a mobile and of course we did manage. Sometimes though it gets on my nerves and I wish I didn't have on because I'm addicted and constantly using it for one thing or another. I might give it up for Lent!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I could certainly live without it (as I did before) but it would make life more difficult. I only really use it for texts and the occasional call but I prefer having it with me when driving in case I need to call the breakdown people.

That's exactly the same as me dongles.
I only use mine for a bit of texting, and making the odd call, but I do like it with me when I'm driving.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's exactly the same as me dongles.
I only use mine for a bit of texting, and making the odd call, but I do like it with me when I'm driving.
Ditto.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:41 PM

I forgot the camera which I use quite a bit. My phone also has the Google Keep app where I leave notes about almost anything.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I forgot the camera which I use quite a bit. My phone also has the Google Keep app where I leave notes about almost anything.
Oh yes..
And Youtube witterings for me too
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2018, 06:49 PM

I HAVE been without it on the odd occasions, like walking the dog and leaving it indoors by mistake, or going out shopping. It's the latter that I like it for, especially if bussing to the market, then I can check when the next bus is due. For out walking with the dog, it acts as a 'watch', as I don't wear one.

I like to keep a check on messages, FB Messenger, and emails. Don't use it really for forums, or music, but take photos on it, and very rarely open up a book if I have nothing to read with me.

I have used a mobile for the Google map, when lost.

Could I live without it? No.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top