Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:05 PM

Weed Killer.

I can't seem to get a decent weed killer these days at all.
I used to use the blue crystals in a sachet from Weedol and it did the job well. Now I can't get it for love nor money, the liquid type is useless, I put a load down last week and it's not made a scrap of difference not even curled up the weed's edges. Can anyone suggest one that actually does the job.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:11 PM

Re: Weed Killer.

Do you want to kill everything, e.g. a patio, or just weeds, e.g. flower bed?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:13 PM

It's inbetween big shrubs, and between slabs.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:24 PM

How about roundup ?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's inbetween big shrubs, and between slabs.
For the slabs, a salt solution should work:

http://goodgrow.uk/6-super-effective...ers/#tab-con-4

Do not use salt where you may require future plant growth.

The site that I've liked above has more advice about weeding .....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 03:43 PM

Try vinegar and salt mix, seems to work for my weeds and it's cheap.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

12-05-2018, 05:15 PM

Thanks Guys, I'll give them all a go and see what works best for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I can't seem to get a decent weed killer these days at all.
I used to use the blue crystals in a sachet from Weedol and it did the job well. Now I can't get it for love nor money, the liquid type is useless, I put a load down last week and it's not made a scrap of difference not even curled up the weed's edges. Can anyone suggest one that actually does the job.

They keep withdrawing horticultural chemicals for domestic use each year Roxy. Even industrial ones for farmers are constantly changing and certain ones become banned and no longer for sale.

It's like medicines in a way, and over use makes bugs and disease resistant eventually, plus they are finally realising the harm we've done to the environment, so I am not surprised you can't get the one you want any more.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

12-05-2018, 05:25 PM

Haven't been able to get it ever since they changed to the liquid in wee tubes and as I said that's useless. I did ask my OH for some of the industrial stuff he uses on the fields but he said no, I can't use it in the garden..
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:50 PM

I bought a Roundup and used it on weeds growing in the cracks in the concrete between the front path and the house. Their all dead now so just need to flick them out with a spade. Job done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top