Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 05:59 PM

Re: Weed Killer.

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I bought a Roundup and used it on weeds growing in the cracks in the concrete between the front path and the house. Their all dead now so just need to flick them out with a spade. Job done.
Aye,I do the same year after year..but they keep coming back...I have a long handled hook thing but it's backbreaking work....no weedkiller has ever got rid of them permanently.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Aye,I do the same year after year..but they keep coming back...I have a long handled hook thing but it's backbreaking work....no weedkiller has ever got rid of them permanently.
No weed killer gets rid of them permanenlty just controls them for a couple of year.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I bought a Roundup and used it on weeds growing in the cracks in the concrete between the front path and the house. Their all dead now so just need to flick them out with a spade. Job done.
Roundup is the best. I use it all the time. Once in the spring once in the autumn. Job done .
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 01:38 PM

Pleased to report the homemade mix of hot water, salt, and vinegar really did the job. 48 hours and most of the weeds were yellow and dying off. Gave it all another dose this morning to finish the job.
Thanks guys you've saved my sanity for another day..
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Pleased to report the homemade mix of hot water, salt, and vinegar really did the job. 48 hours and most of the weeds were yellow and dying off. Gave it all another dose this morning to finish the job.
Does your garden now smell like chips .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:22 PM

No lol, but it may if it rains.. Mind you the greenhouse whiffs a bit in the morning when I open it up, as I keep the watering cans under the benches in there..
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ok,gonna give it a try tomorrow
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2018, 04:48 PM

Try Bleach..

Not if you have children or animals tho.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-05-2018, 11:59 AM

I've tried bleach for years robert - great stuff and haven't seen any kids or animals around either??
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

18-05-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Try Bleach..

Not if you have children or animals tho.
No children OR Animals RJ...so I've mixed vinegar/salt/WU liquid/bleach with boiling water....if THAT doesn't kill 'em...I'm giving up

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top