Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 01:02 AM

Re: How many square miles is the UK?

I use it daily as my mind is full of unanswered questions, also if I have a pc issue I Google the info to put it right and usually I find the solution
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I know. Maybe that's what I'll do. I guess we should tell Azz to cancel the new thread? I figured I could google almost everything on this forum to be technical. Figured it was at least a personal touch, well as personal as you can get on the internet.
Afraid I probably have no use for this section anymore, well as much as I can figure.
Don't do that, while it is true you could get the answer from Googling often the more interesting part is the 'other' information people impart. Personally I love facts and figures and remember the oddest information but I find it so fascinating.

From memory the UK is about 250000 sq km (this is the 21st Century not the 19th) while NSW is about 800000 sq km so the UK would fit in about 3 times. NSW is about 1/10 of Australia's total area so the UK would fit into Australia over 30 times. The population of the two countries? UK 62 million, Australia 22 million.

I read somewhere ages ago that if the UK had the same population density as metropolitan Sydney then there would not be enough room in the UK to house everybody never mind have farms, factories, parks and roads.

Make what you will of that.

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 04:32 PM

None is the answer as the UK is not square.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 02:30 PM

I like to ask questions of folk on here, not because I'm too lazy to Google but, you get interesting replies. Not only that but, some people ask about things I wouldn't have thought of and would never find out otherwise. Never be afraid to ask!
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2015, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
94,060 Sq Miles.
Depends on whether the tides are in or out, Graham.

Wikipedia reckons it is 93,800 square miles (243,000 km2),

(Sorry to be so pedantic).

KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
Depends on whether the tides are in or out, Graham.

Wikipedia reckons it is 93,800 square miles (243,000 km2),

(Sorry to be so pedantic).

so basically bruce was right when he remembered 250000sq km? an accuracy of about 2% which is better than the margin of error in opinion polls and he added something interesting to the conversation.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top