Join for free
Page 20 of 43 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 06:17 PM

Re: Gumbud Leisurely Scribbles (part 2)

Oooooh I see, I'll say na more about it so.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 08:35 PM

Getting back to the Apples, I prefer Golden Delicious to Granny Smiths.
It seems to me that Apples were the start of all our problems, had Eve not been so curious we would all still be tucked away safely in the womb of the universe, oblivious to all pain and sorrow and feelings good and bad.
Poor old Adam was chucked out of paradise along with her and began his new career as a fruit seller, Eve had made his banana stand for him and monkeys came from far and wide to sample his wares, so de holy bible say.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2015, 10:42 PM

It's all a rotten shame,
poor Adam didnt even like apples.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

03-08-2015, 10:02 PM

Lewis Carroll — 'The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings”

Of the many things I was thinking about today as I sat working in my workshop, doors took first preference, yes your ordinary everyday door, I mean where would we be without doors? and we take them for granted without giving them a second thought. “Open the door” “Would you see who’s at the door” “Close the door there’s a drought coming in”
They have yet to find a durable replacement for the traditional door we know and love for thousands of years now. Not reliable are these electric doors that open and close automatically, the plastic and metal ones that catch and stick and lock you out so many times, the good solid wooden door is your only man for durability.
I made a calculation and found that if you opened and shut your front door 180 times a day, and if you were doing it since the day you were born until you died at 100 years of age, you would still be a long way off half a million times, 365,800 times to be exact, if that's not reliability I'll eat me hat. Well that's all the useless information I have today, now would you kindly close the door behind you on the way out, you see they’re coming through the windows and it’s time for me tablets again.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

04-08-2015, 02:28 PM

The Man who almost Married a Door.

When first he heard that gentle click, as he lay silently in his cot
His heart was lost, his soul was sold, he was completely besot
Need I say anymore? young Handel had fallen for the nursery door
As time passed and he grew into a youth, he bought himself a golden flute
And tunes he wrote so he could play and dance with the doorknob the night away
Soon he progressed to dancing with hinges, he was stepping beyond the fringes
Of sanity it’s said, wasn’t long before he was taking the chemists shutters to bed.
Enough of this nonsense! his daddy said, get all that madness out of your head
You know how much it all bores us, why don’t you write a Hallelujah Chorus.

Mars Barr.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 05:03 PM

beautiful prose gem - keep hanging out with the prose???

The 24 hr day

Well here we go again today
I live by 24 hrs per day
I wake up anytime I want
And doze off through the day; Dazonk!!!

Today I woke at 5am it still was dark
Erhm erhm?
I played on my PC a while
Until the sun broke out a smile??

And then in cold break of day
I walked the dog heh heh heh heh
And then to home and feed the pets
Watch the news always vexed
Heat some noodles prawns thrown in
Dietician says a sin

Sat and watched the news a bit
Did I doze perhaps a stitch???

Then the busy bee I am
Dashed out to the supercan
Then a coffee visit thrown in
Home to beers lunch = what a sin!!

Woke up past the midday news
God did I have another snooze?
Perhaps I did well clear up dishes
Thank god I’ve got a whizzy gadget???

Watch a few more TV nonsense
Then another doze – it’s constant
Woke to cook the evening meal
Bourbon chasers feel surreal???

Woke up in my bed at 10
Where have I been till then???
Lights a glow and all doors locked
Thank God I don’t forget a lot!!!

Now at 11 I’ve woken up
Ready for the midnight slush
Some good films until the dawn
Oh God I’m tired again ; yawn yawn!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

04-08-2015, 08:48 PM

Another day in the life of a Gumbud well summed up. Is that Bourbon a new kick yer on? I thought you was strictly a beer man Gumbud.

Has anyone seen a missing Spitfire?
Neatly dressed in casual attire
If you happen to bump into this hard case
Tell him to return at once to base
We miss the craic and all the fooling
Maybe he’s somewhere else refueling
So get off yer ass and do some writing
For all the lads who need some brightening.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:47 PM

oeer yes forgot all abut'im - expect he's pullin is caravan around the dales somwhere - he's strikes me as a grey dwarf? or is that a 'grey nomad'

I couldnt happen to notice some of oour OFF chappies tell us all when they're off on their jolly well hols - "bye everyone I'm off to benedorm for a few weeks - left a few bob in the milk bottle for the paper boy and spare key under the back door mat - will of course take loads of pics and of course keep in touch with you all whilst I'm away and send you messages and pics - kiss kiss kiss kiss - utter drivel!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-08-2015, 12:30 PM

I often wondered why anyone in Australia would bother going off on a holiday, haven’t you got all the sunshine and places to see over there already. Anyway have a great time and come back full o’ beans.
The wife and me are off on Saturday for a week, just a short hunting and fishing trip whilst lodging in Ashmore Castle with the Duke and Duchess of Athlone, no big deal really.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-08-2015, 03:33 PM

yes OZ is one big dysneyland - snow in tassie and the national park - skiing in summer - 32C in the top end - death in the central deserts - ISIS snippers in the big cities and we keep losing our best comedians to UK - but wait for the next test math - we'll get ya then!! [watda say we maka im eat da words??]

Page 20 of 43 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top