Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 10:12 PM

Barbara Woodhouse wisdom

This lady once said:

"I've caught more ills from people sneezing over me and giving me virus infections than from kissing dogs."

I feel the same.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2015, 10:36 PM

Re: Barbara Woodhouse wisdom

My OH tells me not to kiss the dog....
My answer; at least I know where his face has been !
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 07:49 AM

That woman was as mad as a box of frogs, seems there are a few of her clan on here.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 08:55 AM

Funny old world we live in we have a thread saying how wrong it is to treat dogs like children but people "kiss" their dogs, something dogs don't comprehend at all. And yes we have kisses with Betty she loves it but Elsie gets worried if a face is too close to hers so we respect her boundaries and only kiss her if she initiates it and is happy. Several of mine have been happier in a jumper than being slobbered over by people.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Funny old world we live in we have a thread saying how wrong it is to treat dogs like children but people "kiss" their dogs,
something dogs don't comprehend at all. And yes we have kisses with Betty she loves it but Elsie gets worried if a face is too close to hers so we respect her boundaries and only kiss her if she initiates it and is happy. Several of mine have been happier in a jumper than being slobbered over by people.

If you're having a poke at me, Julie, showing a bit of affection by a quick peck on the head, is vastly different from dressing them up and letting them eat off your dinner table. I do not intend to keep arguing or justifying my thoughts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

04-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
That woman was as mad as a box of frogs, seems there are a few of her clan on here.

Cheeky blighter. She was a funny old bird, I agree, but she was probably talking about an occasional peck, not a snog!
Mine love a hug as well. I know ALL dogs wouldn't like it, but mine are as affectionate as I am, so no harm done.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:07 AM

I agree, Mups. I don't tend to kiss Bennie, but he loves hugs as much as I do.Does us both good!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
If Im mad at least Im happy...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
[B]

If you're having a poke at me, Julie, showing a bit of affection by a quick peck on the head, is vastly different from dressing them up and letting them eat off your dinner table. I do not intend to keep arguing or justifying my thoughts.
Wasn't poking anyone just thought it funny I am insane for my way of dealing with my dogs yet others are fine when they kiss their dogs - not a poke at anyone because I wouldn't say everyone should treat their dogs or lead their lives in the same way I appreciate people are different and that is fine as long as they and their dogs are happy it's not for me to judge them.
Cass
NL

04-08-2015, 10:15 AM

Funny old world we live in we have a thread saying how wrong it is to treat dogs like children but people "kiss" their dogs, something dogs don't comprehend at all. And yes we have kisses with Betty she loves it but Elsie gets worried if a face is too close to hers so we respect her boundaries and only kiss her if she initiates it and is happy. Several of mine have been happier in a jumper than being slobbered over by people.
My dog does like to be kissed and cuddled he falls into a very deep sleep if I hold him..

I saw your other post and dressing a dog to protect against allergy is not the same as designer clothing or wedding outfits..

BTW 'People' dont slobber on my dogs 'people' dont get to be near my dogs only I kiss them and not a slobber its a quick kiss on the head when they have been especially good boys such as when they have their teeth cleaned or ear drops done...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top