Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 08:29 PM

Re: Staying or Going?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
There are bigger ones not that far away in Europe Roxy darlin', I know 'cos Ive climbed a few.
It's not the size Joe lol. There's no others like the Highlands, and I love every crag and misty summet.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 10:31 PM

Simply no.....
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 11:04 PM

The River Teith at Callander Meadows. The gateway to the Trossachs
(taken on an iPhone 4)
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 11:25 PM

That looks beautiful!
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That looks beautiful!
Thank you. No bad for an iPhone snap.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by FridgeMagnet ->
Thank you. No bad for an iPhone snap.
Really, really good!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 06:13 PM

What a pretty place, I could just walk along there with a (borrowed) dog and take it all in.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 07:32 PM

I do prefer my own company, always have done ,maybe its being an only child.I hate the way people where I live try to make you join in every thing, at last after almost 8 years they have got the message.Some people think its a commune and we are on holiday all the time,drives me mad.I like people but I also like my home to be private. Am I an old grouch!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2011, 08:03 PM

I don't think you're an old grouch at all; I'm inclined a bit that way myself. You may have a point there about only children: we do learn to amuse ourselves and be content with our own company. And everyone is not a joiner!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2011, 06:10 PM

Hell no. I have lived abroad for different parts of my life. We up and left England to go and live in the Caribbean in 2005 and immediately when they demanded money before they would allow our loved dog to leave the box he had been in for 12 hours or even allow us to give him a drink of water knew that we had made a mistake.

To get anything done we had to give backhanders to everyone from electricians who wired our kitchen up wrong and I got such a shock which threw me across the kitchen to government workers so that we could unload our furniture.

Don't forget that you have to pay for minute you spend with a doctor and then you have to pay for any medications he prescribes. The warm weather did not help my arthritis in fact often the heat made me feel really ill.

With the expense of building a house with working A/C and a swimming pool just to keep cool, and the purchase of a car that was capable of putting up with some very poor road conditions your £1,000,000 would go no where. So what are you going to live on? We needed a housekeeper as the house although beautiful was difficult to keep clean and in the heat of the day I couldn't manage to clean house, do laundry, shop and cook.

Fortunately, we gave back our rented house and came back home to England. I don't know how we would have managed with my husbands type 2 diabetes, my arthritis and then of course the need for surgery. I would not have felt safe having surgery abroad.

I would say that although the grass looks greener on the other side it is often an optical illusion. This place seems to be going to the dogs but it is our place, maybe we should try and make things better. I know I will not roam again but I also know even a million pounds is not enough to start all over again somewhere else.

Someone said it already England is the best place in the world although if we are not careful we will lose what makes it special.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top