Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Re: Coffee Time....

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I thought you said you are not allowed to drink alcohol UJ?

Officially I'm not - it doesn't mix too well with the medication I've been prescribed, but knowing what the side effects are and their extent, 'A little of what you fancy .....'
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 02:29 PM

Ive recently changed my coffee to Kendo Millicano American but since stopping having sugar am not enjoying coffee as much as I used to.
I like strong coffee, black, and been thinking of getting a coffee machine but would like one that makes a single cup rather than a whole jug full as my old coffee maker used to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated as never had one before. ☕
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Ive recently changed my coffee to Kendo Millicano American but since stopping having sugar am not enjoying coffee as much as I used to.
I like strong coffee, black, and been thinking of getting a coffee machine but would like one that makes a single cup rather than a whole jug full as my old coffee maker used to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated as never had one before. ☕

You can replace sugar with sweetex capsules. Each capsule represents approx 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 03:46 PM

I buy jars of Canderel and stock up when it's on offer at £1 a jar.

I haven't bought sugar for years but bought a bag recently when we had a couple of builders in the house. I asked them if they'd like tea or coffee and would you believe it, neither of them took sugar!

I have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for my own personal cups of coffee, quick and easy but I suppose the pods are a bit on the pricey side. My treat to myself though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 03:56 PM

I've got a filter coffee maker but mostly I stick with instant.

I love Kenco Really Rich. I like it made with cream or coffee mate. I always have at least two mugs of it before breakfast.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-08-2017, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I buy jars of Canderel and stock up when it's on offer at £1 a jar.

I haven't bought sugar for years but bought a bag recently when we had a couple of builders in the house. I asked them if they'd like tea or coffee and would you believe it, neither of them took sugar!

I have a Dolce Gusto coffee machine for my own personal cups of coffee, quick and easy but I suppose the pods are a bit on the pricey side. My treat to myself though.

It's ok, but not very convenient lugging jar around if you want a coffee in cafe. Sweetex comes in small tubes that can easily fit in the pocket.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
The possibilities are endless. You can go for the traditional stove-top Italian style espresso maker for around £6 - £20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooks-Profe...n+coffee+maker

Maybe a an espresso machine with a pumped output?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Rich...resso+machines

Both of the above use proper ground coffee, not the environmentally damaging plastic `pods`.

Or if you want to splash out on something `extra`, a bean to cup machine might suit. I've had one of these for the last four years or so and it's still going strong. One of my daughters commented that it was expensive (which they are) but I pointed out it cost the same as the long weekend she and hubby had in Benidorm and had nothing to show for it.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 04:01 PM

Canderel is for home, mostly used on breakfast cereal, but I do carry a tube of sweetners in my handbag for coffee out.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 04:10 PM

Re: My previous post (can't edit it for some reason)

I'm not endorsing the Morphy Richards espresso machine, merely using it as an example of the type.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The possibilities are endless. You can go for the traditional stove-top Italian style espresso maker for around £6 - £20.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooks-Profe...n+coffee+maker

Maybe a an espresso machine with a pumped output?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Rich...resso+machines

Both of the above use proper ground coffee, not the environmentally damaging plastic `pods`.

Or if you want to splash out on something `extra`, a bean to cup machine might suit. I've had one of these for the last four years or so and it's still going strong. One of my daughters commented that it was expensive (which they are) but I pointed out it cost the same as the long weekend she and hubby had in Benidorm and had nothing to show for it.

Thankyou, will look at both. 😀

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top