Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 11:38 AM

Armistice Day

Am watching the Armistice Day cmemeration of TV now they were just speaking to a 99 year old tank survivor .
Brave old fellow come out to remember his dead comrades .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 12:35 PM

Re: Armistice Day

I too watched the Lord Mayor's Parade preparations and interviews as it morphed into the Remembrance Silence at 11am.

The young man played the Last Post faultlessly witnessed by millions of eyes and ears around the world. That final note was perfect...

And then two minutes of totally respectful silence, not a stir anywhere, adults and children alike, still and sombre, no one coughed or fidgeted...it made you want to hold your breath!

The thousands present and the immaculate timing...that was a moment for me when I was so truly proud to be British.

(wrong thread, never mind!)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 01:11 PM

They just showed the report from the National Arboretum. Beautifully done.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 06:40 PM

There was a cannon fired locally at the start and then again at the end of the two minute silence.

I also watched some of the Lord Mayor's show.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top