Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Re: Howards End BBC1

I watched it, the costumes were lovely as I like Period Dramas but I got a bit confused, perhaps next week I might understand it a bit better.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 10:57 AM

Fell asleep and missed the last half hour, it was either very slow or I was very tired.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 11:04 AM

Well I found it rather boring and it was slow, a bit confusing, and didn't catch my interest at all.
I won't be watching any more episodes, that's for sure!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:28 PM

I was confused too! I must have missed the first few minutes so I spent the entire episode wondering why the girl was at Howard’s End in the first place. What was her connection with the family and why was she there? Was it because she was engaged to one of the boys and later called it off?

I’m hoping it will all become clear in the next episode.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 04:58 PM

I did go back to the beginning to watch it again and that helped me understand it better.

CC, l might explain it incorrectly. I went on Wikipedia and read the synopsis!
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I did go back to the beginning to watch it again and that helped me understand it better.

CC, l might explain it incorrectly. I went on Wikipedia and read the synopsis!
I’ll take a look there, it might become clearer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I watched it, the costumes were lovely as I like Period Dramas but I got a bit confused, perhaps next week I might understand it a bit better.

Same here, susie.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 06:48 PM

very slow,will give it one more look next week,see if I can get into it
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
I was confused too! I must have missed the first few minutes so I spent the entire episode wondering why the girl was at Howard’s End in the first place. What was her connection with the family and why was she there? Was it because she was engaged to one of the boys and later called it off?

I’m hoping it will all become clear in the next episode.

She was there because they'd met the family on holiday and become friendly. She & her sister (or friend) were invited to visit them but the sister (or friend) had some sort of illness so couldn't go. Hence the girl being there on her own..

I only watched it for 10 minutes but I do remember that being explained.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-11-2017, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
She was there because they'd met the family on holiday and become friendly. She & her sister (or friend) were invited to visit them but the sister (or friend) had some sort of illness so couldn't go. Hence the girl being there on her own..

I only watched it for 10 minutes but I do remember that being explained.
Only just seen your reply Carol Thank you for the explanation, it makes sense now.

Just watched yesterdays episode and still finding it very slow. I thought, as its called Howard's End, they would have all ended up there by now. Maybe next week................

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top