Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 09:42 AM

Re: jesus as a sausage roll

Originally Posted by doctor ->
I wont to know who bit the end off
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...nativity-scene
The figure on the left looks like he is stuffed and couldn't eat another thing.
The one on the right appears to have heart-burn.
The one in the middle seems to be cuddling a large can of strong-brew.

As for the sausage roll itself, it looks decidedly unappetising.

I doubt any offence was intended by Greggs. It doesn't depict a biblical scene as far as I am aware, so I don't see a problem.

I just wish everyone could get along and celebrate whichever Winter Solstice Festival they find least offensive.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 10:00 AM

greggs - sausage roll 4 jesus 16.11.17

taking a egg and cheese wrap

with a image some can not forget

have they failed in the PR trap

will all sales drop including baguette.

to controversial is religion

people to outraged to stop and stare

will the icing wipe off the bun that's cinnamon

is it worth filling cream in the eclair.

do we need to stop puffin

a free press must not be out fazed

i will still go in for my triple chocolate muffin

jesus won't put me off doughnuts that are glazed.

come on people for gods sake

with this controversy rinse

you no you want a raspberry and almond bake

jesus approved the sweet pie with mince.

while flicking through a great free london paper i found this story - http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/15/greggs...-roll-7080752/ and it really made me think - are we all just to serious and critical now a days ? will you still shop at greggs ? i will for sure.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
greggs - sausage roll 4 jesus 16.11.17

taking a egg and cheese wrap

with a image some can not forget

have they failed in the PR trap

will all sales drop including baguette.

to controversial is religion

people to outraged to stop and stare

will the icing wipe off the bun that's cinnamon

is it worth filling cream in the eclair.

do we need to stop puffin

a free press must not be out fazed

i will still go in for my triple chocolate muffin

jesus won't put me off doughnuts that are glazed.

come on people for gods sake

with this controversy rinse

you no you want a raspberry and almond bake

jesus approved the sweet pie with mince.

while flicking through a great free london paper i found this story - http://metro.co.uk/2017/11/15/greggs...-roll-7080752/ and it really made me think - are we all just to serious and critical now a days ? will you still shop at greggs ? i will for sure.
I haven't been to Greggs for years but sausage roll gate would not stop me going there. I also wouldn't slaughter all the staff either.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 11:48 AM

Ooh just remembered I am having Greggs for lunch today!

Do people not need to lighten up a bit? everyone seems outraged at everything these days, I think social media is to blame, just takes on moaner to start a campaign. I think some bored people look around for something to be offended by.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Erm ... I'm lost.

Wasn't it Christians who're supposed to be offended because Jesus has been substituted for a sausage roll?
Wouldn't Muslims have a snigger? Why on earth would they be offended?
I must be missing something.
I think people forget Jesus is a big figure in Islam the only bit they don't believe is that he is actually the son of God but he is an important profit to them. But I meant really if it was used to represent Allah the poo would have hit the fan if that had happened.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:32 PM

It might not add much to this debate but I can report that the Greggs festive bakes are very tasty this year
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think people forget Jesus is a big figure in Islam the only bit they don't believe is that he is actually the son of God but he is an important profit to them. But I meant really if it was used to represent Allah the poo would have hit the fan if that had happened.

No people don't forget they just couldn't give a monkeys if Jesus was important in Islam of not even if they knew that Islam has graciously offered to recognise him .
And so thy should seeing as Jesus came first .
Islam being the third runner up in the Abrahamic religion stakes and much of its doctrines purloined from the OT.
(As for making a profit that is definitely out usury being haram in Islam .)

Actually we couldn't care less if the sausage roll was mean to represent Allah either but as there is no evidence he was born in a manger we are safe there phew .

Now a sausage roll herding a camel might be a different kettle of fish but of course that would not be representative of Allah ( as we don't know what exactly Allah looks like ) but of his head honcho PB and all that
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I re-read what you'd posted this morning ... with refreshed brain .. and understand what you meant.
What is weird though.. Jesus was a Jew and pork isn't kosher.
Any Jews upset anywhere ?

I've always thought it odd too that Islam does actually believe Jesus existed .... not many religions admit to the existence of another beliefs leading man ( they don't like the competition).
But .. they then relegate him to a prophet in a supporting inferior role. A bit of plagiarism methinks.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I re-read what you'd posted this morning ... with refreshed brain .. and understand what you meant.
What is weird though.. Jesus was a Jew and pork isn't kosher.
Any Jews upset anywhere ?

I've always thought it odd too that Islam does actually believe Jesus existed .... not many religions admit to the existence of another beliefs leading man ( they don't like the competition).
But .. they then relegate him to a prophet in a supporting inferior role. A bit of plagiarism methinks.
I think it came from most religions being born in the same area and taking the same characters was inevitable really.

The Muslims Christians etc that I know all manage to worship together we look for similarities we agree on. Sadly too many look for opposites and that causes more problems.

I always thought as a society we'd eventually grow together might still happen once hate is recognised as the thing that keeps us apart.

It's not that odd that Jesus is recognised I thought as I believe could be wrong of course that Jewish faith recognises him too but again not as son of God.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2017, 02:43 PM

Frankly, it doesn"t impress me much TBH.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top