Join for free
Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 09:06 AM

Re: Which holiday destination did you most dislike?

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Cyprus, went abot 10 years ago, it to our amazement rained nearly all the time.
A big NO ,NO for me .

Cyprus is a beautiful place darlin' - go check out my profile and see the photos I took around the hotel I stayed at. I was there in October 2010 and loved the place so much went back the following year in September - it was warm, (a comfortable 30oC) and wall-to-wall sunshine. The Hotel is the Ascos Beach Hotel at Coral Bay on the outskirts of Paphos.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 09:45 AM

Afghanistan. It is the pits. Don't go.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 09:48 AM

New York great shopping destination wouldn't want to spending more than a long weekend there.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 09:48 AM

I didn't like Tunisia.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 09:58 AM

Sorry to say it, but St. Ives was the worst holiday ever. Can't knock the place, so must say that it was due to the nasty characters of the landlord/lady of the Hotel we had booked. This was in about 1972 when seaside hotels had no such thing as 'en-suite' and we had to book if we wanted a bath. We had travelled with Golden Rail (remember that?) and so were trapped there with no means of escape. As for the meals. Unbelievable. Every mouthful was counted, and children were given baby portions. 'Er indoors used to shout abuse towards her husband, but obviously directed at the visitors. It was so bad that along with other prisoners, we formed an Escape Committee. Never again.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:03 AM

North Wales for me, beautiful part of the world some magnificent scenery. But spoiled by unfriendly natives, not all but enough to make me feel uncomfortable on occasion. Must add i love Anglesey.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
North Wales for me, beautiful part of the world some magnificent scenery. But spoiled by unfriendly natives, not all but enough to make me feel uncomfortable on occasion. Must add i love Anglesey.
I have never found the natives unfriendly, we have lived in North Wales since 1990.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 10:56 AM

I've wanted to holiday in England when I was younger. Different now, since I've met you all on OFF.

I mean, I won't have to go anymore. Saves a lot of money too.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 11:55 AM

We went to Blackpool once when I was six, the only holiday I ever went on with both my parents, thank goodness. We went to the circus and I hated the clowns, which were horrible.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:08 PM

Called in Blackpool on our way to Heysham Ferry, looked a dive..
Id never go there for a holiday

Page 8 of 12 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top