Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 12:00 AM

Re: Bloody Internet!!

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Cobblers
Nice comeback - like it matey...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 12:24 AM

IME, TT is one of the worst ISPs - connectivity reliability is poor and connections frequently broken - their service response quality is dreadful - I advise my TT clients just to wait for the connection to return and recommend that they switch to Plusnet - sadly, most prefer to stay with TT (better the devil they know).

The UK's best and worst broadband providers:

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/12418...dband-provider
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
All internet providers will make all manner of excuses for the times when they clearly KNOW that their service is impacted. This ensures they don't get people claiming for compensation for having no or poor service.

In reality, most providers are hanging off BT infrastructure at some point over which they have no control. When things go wrong the ISP will blame BT and vice versa and the customer is left in the middle.

Every internet consumer should arm themselves with at least 2 routers of different makes/models.

You can walk into Maplins tomorrow and pick up a really good router for £30-£40.

What this does is give you the ability, when the ISP claims there's nothing wrong with the service, to plug in that 2nd router and see that the LEDs don't light up, thereby confirming there is no signal coming through on your line.
It's a slam dunk situation.

Never just rely on the router that the ISP provdes. They are invariably crap, last about 1-2 years max before packing in and tend not to have a good wireless signal. If you like to sit out on the back garden for example you may find that the ISP router isn't quite powerful enough whereas the Maplin router will have no problem at all.
Thanks for that info realist. I am also with TalkCrap and my internet goes down all the time. The Maplin router sounds interesting.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
IME, TT is one of the worst ISPs - connectivity reliability is poor and connections frequently broken - their service response quality is dreadful - I advise my TT clients just to wait for the connection to return and recommend that they switch to Plusnet - sadly, most prefer to stay with TT (better the devil they know).

The UK's best and worst broadband providers:

https://www.lovemoney.com/news/12418...dband-provider
I was with TalkCrap years ago and ditched them for Tesco which was excellent. Then Tesco sold out to TalkCrap so I was back where I started.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:27 AM

This is the first time mines gone down in 2 years?
I rarely have a problem which is why I'm still with them. Odd eh?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:48 AM

Just two of TT's major security breaches:

TalkTalk wi-fi router passwords 'stolen'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38208958

5 December 2016

TalkTalk customers' wi-fi passwords have been stolen following a malware attack that blocked their internet access last week, an expert has warned.

The researcher said other details had also been taken that would let attackers pinpoint where the equipment was being used, making more targeted hacks possible.
TalkTalk hack 'affected 157,000 customers'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34743185

6 November 2015

TalkTalk has given more details of the cyber-attack on its website, saying nearly 157,000 of its customers' personal details were accessed.

More than 15,600 bank account numbers and sort codes were stolen, the company said.
Yet Dido Harding keeps her job and had her pay almost tripled to £2.8 million.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...-a7091886.html
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 02:18 PM

Younger son has moved back home temporarily and is plugging alsorts into alsorts - last week no internet. I phoned the provider who went through the usual click this, click that to no avail. He obviously realised I was a moron and asked if I would be in all afternoon as he would send someone round to sort it out for me. A nice young man arrived half an hour later and sorted it - at no cost to me! Can't beat a local service provider. Thank you Karoo.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 02:36 PM

I had a call from Talktalk this morning, saying that some people were having trouble with their broadband speed. I said "Yes it is a bit slow but why are you phoning me?". He said "Switch your computer on and I could help you with the problem, are you at you computer now?"
I replied " Yes, are you in Hell, after all that is where scammers like you belong?"..........he hung up immediately.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top