Join for free
Page 10 of 72 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I still wouldn't know where to find Surprise View but here's a little bit I found about it on the web. I think its probably part of Otley Chevin.

If this is your first visit, you will have a surprise indeed. By strolling just a few paces from your car you can enjoy a breathtaking panorama across Lower Wharfedale. Almscliffe Crag is a prominent landmark in the valley. On a clear day, you may be able to see Simon's Seat, and even the famous White Horse carved into the hillside at Kilburn. With so much to see, it's easy to forget that you are only a mile (1.6km) away from the bustle of the Leeds-Bradford Airport.
It could be near the Chevin Pub then?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 10:17 PM

Hubby got skiing lessons at Xscape for his 70th. He broke his finger on the first lesson and never went back again. I think his ego was badly bruised too!!
Your poor hubby, they never learn

We went in not to take part but just to look round, we had a coffee at Starbucks and then went to the shopping outlet next door.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2017, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It could be near the Chevin Pub then?
It was a place we used to visit as kids so it's many years since I've been. I wished I'd thought about it when we were in Otley on Saturday, we could have tried to find it. It was a bad day though so the view wouldn't have been up to much!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

04-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Hello Yorkshire people were having a lovely sunny day here in Wakefield are you where you are?
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 01:47 PM

Hello Sue. Yes a glorious day here in Hull too (City of Culture 2017). Just got back from the gym where I went merely to have a shower. Can't be bothered with all the huffing and puffing. I'm a clean lass though.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Hi Sue and Emerald. We too have sunshine. If it's anything like yesterday, we took a walk on the seafront to the leisure centre (for coffee lol) and there was a very cold wind! I imagine it could be similar today but it'll not stop me going out for coffee again.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

04-02-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Hello Sue. Yes a glorious day here in Hull too (City of Culture 2017). Just got back from the gym where I went merely to have a shower. Can't be bothered with all the huffing and puffing. I'm a clean lass though.
Hi Emerald, i know what you mean a showers as good as anything.. Have you seen the new Blade sculpture there erecting in Hull?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

04-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Hi Sue and Emerald. We too have sunshine. If it's anything like yesterday, we took a walk on the seafront to the leisure centre (for coffee lol) and there was a very cold wind! I imagine it could be similar today but it'll not stop me going out for coffee again.
Hi Val we were over your way on New Years Day, it was quite busy this year as to what we've seen in the past.. The weather on coastal resorts can change within minutes..
Val J
East Yorkshire

04-02-2017, 06:25 PM

We were on our way back from Fuengirola New Years Day Sue. Flew out Christmas morning and had a lovely week there.

The weather can be very changeable On the Yorkshire coast and very different to surrounding areas. Folk often say the weather changes when the tide turns, not sure how true that is.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

04-02-2017, 06:46 PM

We were on our way back from Fuengirola New Years Day Sue. Flew out Christmas morning and had a lovely week there.

The weather can be very changeable On the Yorkshire coast and very different to surrounding areas. Folk often say the weather changes when the tide turns, not sure how true that is.
Yes my hubby's parents always use to say that the sea grog has come when they had a Caravan in Hornsea. Something like a dense fog coming off the sea!

Page 10 of 72 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top