Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 01:29 PM

Re: Oops - anyone got a spare submarine???

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
It's an article from The Sun.

Which just proves that you're one of Murdoch's acolytes and incapable of reading a proper 'newspaper'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by tilly47 ->
"The UK's Vanguard submarines, which carry Trident nuclear missiles, are in operation but according to the newspaper it is the first time in decades the Royal Navy has no attack submarines ready."
According to the news reports, we do have nuclear attack submarines in service and ready for deployment. Why none are deployed at the moment is conjectural. Perhaps we don't need one on deployment at the moment: no threat, no need for deployment?

As we all know, our current threats are not military; they are the distinct possibility of underhand invasion by IZAL jihadists. Attack submarines are not the answer here, although to be honest I think they could advantageously sink their little boats.

As for Joe, he's a clown. I don't think anyone takes him seriously.
Emerald
Yorkshire
Emerald is female  Emerald has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Deja vu

I find it very disturbing that one takes great delight in poking the country that feeds and protects you.
Oh dear. They do this at no cost to me do they and I should be very, very grateful? Although a retired pensioner I am still giving this country Income Tax to ensure that these jobs are done. The money to feed and protect me is mine and I expect that it will be handled wisely and carefully. Not the case here I'm afraid. Heads should roll.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Emerald ->
Oh dear. They do this at no cost to me do they and I should be very, very grateful? Although a retired pensioner I am still giving this country Income Tax to ensure that these jobs are done. The money to feed and protect me is mine and I expect that it will be handled wisely and carefully. Not the case here I'm afraid. Heads should roll.
Was I referring to you?
Were you the one I quoted?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Which just proves that you're one of Murdoch's acolytes and incapable of reading a proper 'newspaper'.
Like the Huffington?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Like the Huffington?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:00 PM

I find it more disturbing that the media are advertising our vulnerability !!
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:10 PM

Maybe that nice Mr Trump can lend us a couple of Subs, at a price of course.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2017, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Maybe that nice Mr Trump can lend us a couple of Subs, at a price of course.
America has already lent us the nuclear weapons on the subs Purwell....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top