Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 05:41 PM

Re: Trading Standards?

Company House is ok as long as he is a limited company, if not he will not be registered there.

If he is limited the. There will be an address, whether this is his real address is doubtful, they're usually just mailing address/registered addresses.

If he is limited and ceased trading you'll join a list of creditors and probably be at the bottom of a long list.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 05:51 PM

What about the Consumer's rights people?, I can't remember the proper name for them.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 05:55 PM

Unfortunately there is little point in complaining.

They aren't interested in small complaints, they'd be dealing with thousands a day, they couldn't cope.

Gone are the days where you complained and TS would mediate.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:18 PM

I am not oil boiler certified and without being there, it is difficult to assume anything. Was it just a new boiler installation or radiators too? Was the system flushed? It could be a simple radiator bleed to remove excess air. It could be an air lock. It could be a pump issue. Is it a combination boiler, or do you have a hot water cylinder? It could be a lack of system water.
Do you know his name and trading title? If you do, have a look here, it might help
http://www.oftec.org.uk/
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:37 PM

Thanks Gasman. I looked up the website you gave and found his address and email address. I have emailed him and hope that will prompt some action.

Also thanks everyone else for kind advice. I followed the instructions on the youtube video to the best of my ability but, though I switched on the heating half an hour ago, there is no sign of any heat whatsover even in the first radiator that was always hot before! Maybe I've screwed it up completely. It's Sod's law that this is happening in the coldest spell for centuries!

I've always suspected somebody out there didn't like me!!
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

20-01-2016, 06:39 PM

Told you he'd be along shortly.

Great post Steve.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:41 PM

My pleasure - always good to help if possible.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
So far, I have spoken to Care and Repair, 'Trading Standards' who handed me over the Citizens' Advice, who promised to call me back. Since the power has been off all afternoon, I missed their call and called them back a short time ago. They said they don't deal with consumer complaints and when I asked what had happened to Trading Standards, they told me they don't deal with complaints either. I was told to phone Companies House to see if the trader was still trading, or had gone out of business, in which case I may be able to take him to insolvency court, if I can find out where he lives and send him a registered letter.
There is no one to help me with my problem. I have tried to get back to Care and Repair to ask if they had any luck contacting the man but there's no one there.
I'll try to follow the youtube videos and see if I can do something but I'm not the most technical person on earth. If that fails, I'll just have to freeze to death and hope my heirs will be able to recoup the money.

Well you are still under warranty, and the small claims court might be worth turning to so you can sue the rastard.

ALSO, below is a link to a marvelous DIY forum I use a lot.
Start a thread there, and/or read the other posts.

http://www.diynot.com/diy/forums/plumbing/

Good luck

Kenny
gasman
Kent, UK

20-01-2016, 06:49 PM

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!
Calm down.
Calm down!
Great minds think alike gasman.
Don't I know you from there?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top