Join for free
Page 62 of 255 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 04:32 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Hi all, have been on holiday for a week, being naughty having Full English Breakfast everyday, did not put any weight on though.

Today I had:

Porridge.
Red Salmon Salad
Tonight: Crispbreads and Chicken slices.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 04:39 PM

Hiya Lassies,how're You All doin'.?.haven't been in here for a wee while and I haven't been watching what I've been eating either,but don't seem to have gained any weight..Maybe that's the secret...just don't plan what I'm going to cook/eat......I have been exercising and keeping busy though..Hope You're all doing well,xx
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:00 PM

Well done Susie and May---at the moment as soon as I deviate from my plan, i can appear to have put on 2 pounds overnight--and when I say deviate--I do not mean eating badly--maybe just not enough--or having the same thing for a couple of days--it gets very difficult.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I've seen those shows and yes, it's pretty sad. Her husband, just like many family members of morbidly obese people, was, unfortunately, an enabler. I can understand, though, how hard it would be caring for someone like that because when they start crying they want doughnuts and bacon butties and pizzas and crisps and all that other junk, it must be very hard to deny them. That would be a tough situation for anyone to be in, especially when dealing with adults. But I've also seen those shows where it involves obese children and mom just keeps giving them whatever they want and for that, there's no excuse. You're the parent. You need to stand up and say "no, you're not getting 5 sandwiches for lunch."

I also like the show Supersize vs Superskinny. I also used to watch Big Meets Bigger, but I can't find the episodes online anymore.
this particular one has a part 2 next week--and quite honestly it would take a miracle to save this poor soul. Quite hoionestly I also wonder how they can afford all that food--week after week, month after month--none of the family appeared to have jobs--20, 000 --30, 000 calories--just for one person !! I have another one to see about a woman of 42 stone---paret 2--i missed first part. There is this sort of unbelievable horror in watching these shows--they are on our Sky network on channell TLC----but my favourite programme by far is The Biggest Loser---we had a version here that was a bit tame---then I got hooked on Biggest Loser USA---But then they started Biggest Loser Australia which was bigger and better than the US version--but not been on tv for a while-I am just coming to the end of a Biggest Loser USA--the transformations have been breathtaking !!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:17 PM

Mariana, do you do enough exercise?

While on holiday, although I had a large breakfast we walk it off, we are walking around the Villages and Towns from 9am until 5pm every day, so that's probably why I didn't put any weight on.

Even at home I exercise during the day by myself with a Keep-fit stretching video by Rosemary Connerally.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
this particular one has a part 2 next week--and quite honestly it would take a miracle to save this poor soul. Quite hoionestly I also wonder how they can afford all that food--week after week, month after month--none of the family appeared to have jobs--20, 000 --30, 000 calories--just for one person !! I have another one to see about a woman of 42 stone---paret 2--i missed first part. There is this sort of unbelievable horror in watching these shows--they are on our Sky network on channell TLC----but my favourite programme by far is The Biggest Loser---we had a version here that was a bit tame---then I got hooked on Biggest Loser USA---But then they started Biggest Loser Australia which was bigger and better than the US version--but not been on tv for a while-I am just coming to the end of a Biggest Loser USA--the transformations have been breathtaking !!
What?!?!?! 20 to 30,000 calories??? In one day??? Is that even possible??? Gads, even on my worst days I struggle to eat 2000.

Good grief
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Hiya Lassies,how're You All doin'.?.haven't been in here for a wee while and I haven't been watching what I've been eating either,but don't seem to have gained any weight..Maybe that's the secret...just don't plan what I'm going to cook/eat......I have been exercising and keeping busy though..Hope You're all doing well,xx
You know, it's funny, I have the occasional moment where I veer off my usual course and just eat without planning anything (because 99% of the time, I plan all of my meals ahead of time) and I'll think oh jeez, I've really blown it, I don't even want to get on the scale. Then I get on the scale and I've actually lost a couple of pounds.

That usually only happens, though, when I'm traveling and I have to basically live off of restaurant food for a whole weekend or so. So maybe my body enjoys the 'refeeding' I'm letting it have instead of restricting everything.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

12-07-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Mariana, do you do enough exercise?

While on holiday, although I had a large breakfast we walk it off, we are walking around the Villages and Towns from 9am until 5pm every day, so that's probably why I didn't put any weight on.

Even at home I exercise during the day by myself with a Keep-fit stretching video by Rosemary Connerally.
Not sure if i do enough exercise--how much is "enough"--I know i walk everywhere I need to go, as I do not have a car--I walk my dogs everyday--a little slowly its true, as Chloe cannot see much now-I try to do come exercises every day on my wiifit---i really think I do as much as I possibly can--for my age that is. but i like the sound of the stretching video from rosemary conley-I have a few keep fit dvds--but think they are designed for younger people than me. !!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

13-07-2016, 07:23 AM

Hi Mariana, the video I have, is done in three parts, the first two are to hard for me, but the last one is floor exercises with loads of stretching.

You are suppose to be able to do 10,000 steps a day, which I can just about make. But as long as you do 1hr of walking a day, that is enough for us Oldies!!!!

Today we are having Chicken Breasts and Vegs.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

13-07-2016, 08:41 AM

thanks Susie---never managed 10000 steps a day--i think the most I managed was 6600---just out walking.

Page 62 of 255 « First < 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 162 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top