Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:22 AM

Re: Feelings about Christmas

Thought provoking post there Kazz..........
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:39 AM

I like to see windows lit up and the look of excitement on little ones faces but I hate all the preparation thesedays. When the kids were young it was fun making things with them,wrapping gifts etc. Now I do all my shopping online,way too many people to wade though. My hubby is working nights all over Xmas and my daughter,a carer. Im doing a Xmas buffet this year for a change. As for siblings Bah Humbug
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Despite the sad stories some of you have told I must admit I just love christmas-time.
Me and my little doggie are on our own, but I love decorating, lighting candles & incense, baking and cooking.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 11:14 AM

I hope everyone has a really happy and peaceful Christmas whether they are with family which of course includes our pets or friends which again of course includes our pets. I hope you don't find it all too stressful and expensive and I hope that my mother- in-law does not end up in the freezer because I lost it!!!!!!!!!:

If you are lonely this Christmas the best way of feeling better is to go to a local hospital and offer to visit someone who has no visitors and are also feeling lonely and maybe even a bit scared.

Also could I ask that you look in on elderly neighbours and make sure that they are warm and well fed. I am not suggesting that you bring a tramp in for dinner, but just keep an eye out for those who are not as fortunate as yourselves. Remember some of the most happy people on the outside are hurting inside so may be there is a colleague at work who when they leave the office or shop will go home to be lonely.

I have spent Christmas alone because I never told anyone how lonely I was and because it was me and I was always laughing and joking they never knew how miserable I was. I know it is busy this time of year but it is not that I am a Grinch or a Scrooge it's just that I empathise with the unhappiness that can be Christmas.:
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 11:49 AM

I agree totaly with that the lonliest people are those who never appear to be.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:06 PM

It reminds of the song 'Tears of a Clown' because it really is just like that.

By the way I like being a 'Junior Member' I haven't been a junio anything for years.
Elsbells
Suffolk
Elsbells is female  Elsbells has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:29 PM

I'm not a Christmas person but I've put all the decorations up at work, taken all the old folk (where I work) out for a meal. Last week I had the Salvation Army band in for a sing song and finally yesterday the local church came and prepared a Christmas dinner, carol singers, party games then tea and cakes That's enough Christmas for me. I usually work Christmas day but not this year I don't do Christmas at home but as long as my son gets what he asks for in the way of presents he's happy.....and I'm blooming well skint
Jackie
UK
Jackie is female  Jackie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Hate all the hype , the queuing in shops, the endless round looking for pressies, hate getting all the decorations down from the loft, but then when its all done I love it, love xmas day with family .cooking the xmas lunch then sitting "stuffed" in front of the fire later in the evening.

We have a couple of traditions in our house, even now the mince pie/brandy and carrot go out on the porch (kids are 30 and 25) and we have our xmas tree putting up traditional argument it happens every yr.

i buy the tree,
Hubby and son helps to put it up.

the stump is to big to go in the stand.

My hubby says ,,,,,,,,, why dont be have a bl**dy fake one.

My son echos him, moans about shaving some off,

then its to small and we have to fill it out with fire sticks.

Then I blow my top, and tell them both to get in the bl**dy xmas spirit
suki
hertfordshire uk
suki is female  suki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 08:22 PM

The only thing I do enjoy at xmas is watching
my two dogs open thier presents,Summer loves
it,and I hope Heidi will join in this year,Summer
gets really excited,especially when I say it's xmas.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top