Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 08:14 AM

Re: France will be the loser when we leave!

Hi

I am awaiting with interest Flickers response to this.

I have a list of Michelin Starred Restaurants in Paris who serve British Beef rather than French Beef.

This should be fun.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:16 AM

That doesn't surprise me swim, my niece and her husband breed rare breeds of cattle. They and farmers in general acknowledge the only reason French and European farmers have what appears to be less mad cow foot and mouth and the like is because they don't report it. We have strict rules that are adhered to.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That doesn't surprise me swim, my niece and her husband breed rare breeds of cattle. They and farmers in general acknowledge the only reason French and European farmers have what appears to be less mad cow foot and mouth and the like is because they don't report it. We have strict rules that are adhered to.
As I said in post 27 they hide it !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-04-2017, 10:21 AM

Now that I believe.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:28 AM

Me too.
Infected animals can recover and it is no danger to humans.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Me too.
Infected animals can recover and it is no danger to humans.
Hi

I have to disagree with you on that one Muddy.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 10:54 AM

Nonsense.
While in the EU the rules about reporting illness in animal husbandry are the same all over.
and how on earth can you hide a sick cow???

God there is a lot of nonsense about.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I do love some of your posts Flicker, they are so funny.

The UK exports 10% of it's beef production to France.

So much for the French not eating British Beef because French is better.

http://www.ahdb.org.uk/brexit/docume...b_bitesize.pdf

Now before you go off on another one , the UK exports cheese to France as well, lots of it.

Our cheese exports to France were up by 22% last year whilst French Exports of Cheese to the UK were down by 19%.

Your famed French Butter?

Same story i'm afraid, loads going to France.
So you do quite well off using the EU trade opportunities.

BTW 22% and 19% of what? Not very much?

I really couldn't care. You have made it clear that you want to keep your beef or whatever . I suggest it won't make a blind bit of difference in Europe. it will, however, hit your farmers' incomes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Nonsense.
While in the EU the rules about reporting illness in animal husbandry are the same all over.
and how on earth can you hide a sick cow???

God there is a lot of nonsense about.
Yes how can a farmer on a large farm, with outbuildings, fields and the option to kill it possibly hide a sick cow. Such a puzzle may have to bring miss marple in to solve it.
Flicker
France

20-04-2017, 11:19 AM

Julie a cow kept in a barn where other livestock are housed will infect the others. When you have a barnful of sick cows it becomes quite apparent.

I lived and worked amongst French agricultural people for years. Believe me they cannot afford sick animals. They have contracts to fill and need the vets' certificates to make the sales. And these cert are available to view at every butchers' and supermarket counter on request. Included in the cert is the name of the farmer, the farm and its location. You are free to visit it.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top