Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:24 AM

Stupid design....

Mrs. Grumble has just taken delivery of her new car, and I was dismayed that it appeared not to have a CD player. On searching through the car, I eventually found it - under a cover in the glove compartment. What a stupid place to put it. If you want to change a CD (or SD card), you have to pull over, go round to the passenger side and insert the disk (unless of course you have a passenger to do it).

At least the USB port is easily accessable. I think we might have to transfer our music to a USB stick.

At least it has a DAB radio.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:43 AM

Re: Stupid design....

Personally I see no need to have a CD player in the car, so it wouldn't bother me.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 12:15 PM

What car ? make and model ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me I have seen some real idiots trying to change their cds on the move, if a phone is dangerous seeking a cd and changing it is just crazy !
I put my radio on when I start the car and don't change channels unless I am stationary. Much safer IMO
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 01:23 PM

That's your choice Orangutan. I like music when I'm driving and I have a collection of CDs. It looks like I'll have to get one or two SD cards and start transferring the music on to them, so that I effectively duplicate my CD collection in the car.

However, Mrs. Grumble is delighted that it has DAB radio.

Malcolm, it's a VW Polo 1.2 Tsi. It would be an inconvenient place to put the CD/media player no matter what car. You have to virtually empty the glove box to get at it.

I haven't managed to locate the 8-track yet
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire

04-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Julie, I'm sure you drive safely and that is commendable. However, along with women who apply make up while driving and men who shave while behind the wheel (I've seen both), there are plenty who can change a CD safely if it is conveniently located.
(Not that I condone it, but my brother could roll a cigarette one-handed while driving.)

As for the radio -no problems. Most vehicles now have controls on the steering wheel so you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to operate the radio, CD etc..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Perhaps newer cars do personally never seen one that has those controls. I would ban making up, shaving and anything else that detracts from driving. I have seen some even eating cereal in the mornings, they should all be banned IMO
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 02:19 PM

So, do you have to take all your cd collection and everything else out of the glove compartment to access the cd player?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 03:06 PM

I don't have the chance to listen to the radio or CDs.
As I have the MOT this month, I was checking the miles done for the year.
355 yes that's correct 355. I dread to think what it cost per mile.
I suppose it's because I cycle most times.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Personally I see no need to have a CD player in the car, so it wouldn't bother me.
I agree with you - too much noise in a confined space - and it kills conversation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top