Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Re: UK terror threat: Isis threaten doomsday attack that will 'turn children's hair white

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Too true BowieEyes. I can't say that it frightens me either, what does frighten me is the thought that someone I know, friend or family could get killed or injured. I've spent too many years worrying about my own son during his army years and to be honest, I was actually glad that his last injury meant he couldn't do active service any more.
When my son announced he was taking my three grandchildren as arranged to Disney Paris two weeks after the terror attack on Paris I admit to feeling apprehensive but he said he was going to live life to the full not live in fear.
They all went and had a lovely time , the French made them very welcome

I worry more about them driving on our busy roads.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 03:11 PM

Re: UK terror threat: Isis threaten doomsday attack that will 'turn children's hair white

Originally Posted by Realist ->
What does it profit an organisation to carry out such attacks?

The cynic in me suggests that this is all propaganda to instil fear into the nation (underpinned by a few isolated "terrorist" attacks) so that we will welcome ID tagging with open arms. We will be bagged and tagged and have no privacy whatsoever. This is just their way of changing our mindsets to accept it.
Whats wrong with ID?
I have lived abroad most of my life and have always been required to have a ID.
I have a small credit card laminated page of my passport that i use as an ID anyway.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
How any terrorist can think they can frighten a country which has been through two world wars and countless skirmishes in foreign countries, will be intimidated by threats like these I can't imagine.
There are still people alive today in the UK, who have seen more horror and more of mans inhumanity to man than these people have ever dreamed of. We don't frighten easily. Any threat of this kind just stiffens the country's resolve.
I don't agree
Most people alive today have not see mans inhumanity to man except on the film screen which if anything blunts the full horror of it all.
Terrorists are not people who have any reason nor do they play by the general rules of humanity they are cowardly murderers we would be insane not to take them seriously.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 03:59 PM

I can't say IZAL frightens me. They are just a bunch of nutters and I have every confidence in our intelligence services. They only think I'd really like is for any found to be instantly deported and not allowed back in, even if they do have a cat to look after here!

As for ID, I have no objections at all. I can't think of any reason why anyone should be afraid of them unless they have something to hide.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

03-02-2016, 04:06 PM

IZAL sounds like that terrible loo paper.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't say IZAL frightens me. They are just a bunch of nutters and I have every confidence in our intelligence services. They only think I'd really like is for any found to be instantly deported and not allowed back in, even if they do have a cat to look after here!

As for ID, I have no objections at all. I can't think of any reason why anyone should be afraid of them unless they have something to hide.

Hi

Deport them to where?

A lot of them were born here, genuine, gold plated British Citizens.

They are not just a bunch of nutters either, they have some very clever people working for them.

Their explosives and chemical weapons people are very clever and have come a long way very quickly.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 05:14 PM

People seem to think they(ISIS,Daesh,AlQaida)are a rag tag army, they are not. They are highly trained nutjobs who welcome death, you cannot fight that mentality.

ISIS are a terrorist group we have never witnessed the like of before, they are a danger beyond anything we've experienced, the IRA were pussycats by comparison.

15 years ago there was a 'watchlist' of over 5000 suspected terrorists in the UK, you could possibly triple that number now. The worst is definitely to come.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
IZAL sounds like that terrible loo paper.
That's why some of us have adopted that title for them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-02-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Deport them to where?

A lot of them were born here, genuine, gold plated British Citizens.
Syria. If they don't all come from that country, it's where their hearts lie.

A lot of people were born here but hate our guts. They only live here for one reason.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

03-02-2016, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
People seem to think they(ISIS,Daesh,AlQaida)are a rag tag army, they are not. They are highly trained nutjobs who welcome death, you cannot fight that mentality.

ISIS are a terrorist group we have never witnessed the like of before, they are a danger beyond anything we've experienced, the IRA were pussycats by comparison.

15 years ago there was a 'watchlist' of over 5000 suspected terrorists in the UK, you could possibly triple that number now. The worst is definitely to come.
They might include some knowledgeable people (not women, of course - they are just baby machines in their eyes), but they are most certainly nutters.

I couldn't care less what they get up to in Syria or Iraq: that's not my problem.

As for 'suspected' terrorists in this country, in the Second World War, suspected fifth-columnists were interned 'for the duration' and that is what we should do now, although I think they should be offered the option of returning to Syria without the opportunity to return. Then we lift up the drawbridge.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top