Join for free
Page 198 of 255 « First < 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 > Last »
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 02:06 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

That's too bad you can't get Monkfish. It's hard to find here as well, but sometimes I get lucky. Ugly little buggers and most of their body is all bones and teeth, which is why you only consume the tail. But it is delicious.

BACK to healthy eating? As far as I can tell, you eat healthier than I do most of the time!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 03:50 PM

hahaha, we do try to be healthy as much as possible.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 10:52 PM

Nothing wrong with that

Today I got Subway for lunch. I got my favorite thing, the sweet onion chicken teriyaki on multigrain flatbread with spinach, onion, green pepper and tomato. I wonder if Subway's multigrain bread is made with REAL whole grain flour. Probably not. But it was good. I don't normally get multigrain or whole wheat stuff because I'm a white bread junkie. But I wanted to try it.

I'll be danged. I just found the ingredients in Subway's multigrain flatbread.

Whole wheat flour, water, yeast, soybean oil, sugar, contains less than 2% of the following: whole wheat flakes, oats, nonfat dry milk, wheat gluten, salt, calcium carbonate, distilled vinegar, chia seeds, amaranth seeds, cultured wheat flour, whole grain barley, corn, flaxseed, whole rye, whole grain triticale, wheat germ, leavening (sodium acid pyrophosphate, baking soda, monocalcium phosphate), enzyme, oat fiber, sea salt, yeast extract, vitamin D2, ascorbic acid, calcium sulfate
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 11:15 PM

I have been reading your lovely thread for a couple days. GREAT thread !

May I join? I want to lose 20 lbs.

Blue
Linda0818
USA

25-01-2018, 11:44 PM

Of course you may!

We've lost most everyone else. Guess they got bored with the same old thing all the time or, perhaps, they completed their goals and/or just ran out of things to talk about. But as you can see, Susie and I love talking about food and posting things we're currently munching.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2018, 11:47 PM

Thank you Linda, I have just loved reading this thread the last couple days. I find it so informative.

I refused dessert at lunch today, so that is a start....
Linda0818
USA

26-01-2018, 12:28 AM

I rarely eat dessert. Just not much of a lover of sweets, although I do sometimes get a sweet tooth.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2018, 08:48 AM

Hi Wild Blueberry,

Perhaps you can give Me and Linda some advise, we seem to be the only ones posted on here now, so you are welcomed.

Today not so healthy.

Chicken Kiev, R. Potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots and gravy.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

26-01-2018, 07:29 PM

Hi Susie and Linda....

Hope you are both "loosing" today. I am trying hard. I can't give much advice as I have been battling these 20 lbs for a year and I seem to be stuck on 169 lbs. I should be only about 149 lbs.

I am so attracked to potato chips in the bag, and sweets. I love good home made baked goods.

The trouble is, I eat too much at a time. I can't leave them alone until they are done. Are you girls like that?

If we go without food, I heard that our bodies think we are starving, so they pack on the pounds. I don't know if that is true or not, but I don't lose weight by not eating.

One thing that would help is walking. I just am too bored to walk on my own. If I had a buddy to walk with every day, I am sure I would do it.

Do you girls walk? Or exercise?
Linda0818
USA

26-01-2018, 10:43 PM

Potato chips (crisps, for our friends here in the UK) are a weakness of mine. However, I only allow myself to eat some one day per week. With other foods, I now try and push it away when I'm full. Or actually before I'm full. I read something once that has stuck with me for years - don't eat until you're full; eat until you're no longer hungry.

When I first started trying to eat better, breaking the stuff-it-all-in-until-it's-gone-whether-you're-full-or-not habit was the hardest thing for me because I grew up in one of those "you have to eat everything on your plate before you can get up from the table" families. So as I got got older, it didn't matter how large the plate of food was in front of me. I would eat everything until it was gone, and I'd often feel sick or so full I could barely move. I knew that habit had to go first or there's no way I would have been able to lose weight through better eating and food management.

I don't know if the 'starvation theory' is concrete or not, but I do know one thing... in my personal experience, the less I ate, the more weight I lost. And years ago, in my 20's (I'm now early 50's) I literally starved myself. Which was stupid and I do NOT recommend it to anyone because it isn't healthy and it's hard on your body as well as your organs. But when you're 20-something, you don't care. You just want to be skinny. That's the only thing that matters. And my friends and family were worried about me, saying I was so thin I looked ill. And I probably was. I got to the point where I couldn't eat. I physically could not eat more than a small salad or a half of a sandwich without feeling sick. That was stupid and something I'd never do again. I literally had to retrain my body to accept food.

As for exercise, I'll just come right out and say it, I'm lazy. I hate exercise with a passion. That and I have bad feet and hip bursitis, and if I walk long enough, my walk turns into a hobble. So if I were to exercise at all, I'd be better off on stationary bikes (which would probably be good for my hips) or something of that nature.

Page 198 of 255 « First < 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top