Join for free
Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 10:23 AM

Re: Last Gasp Attempt !

You know, I'm getting bored with all of this now. I've just been listening to the TV news and hearing (yet again) about how we are not going to survive outside of the EU.

If the prophets of doom think they're going to change all the Brexiteers' (the majority) views, they are partaking in flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality. They certainly haven't changed my mind, anyway.

Moreover, as many reports have told us, the EU is falling apart anyway. As we are the only member state that observes the EU's diktats, when we have left the EU Commission will have no real say in anything!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
We just want to get shot of the Royal family over here - any ideas??
Wow, we have the Voice of Australia on the forum...

Will your cricket team play fairly from now on!

Is it true the Australian Cricket team have found some new material for their kit.......Emery Cloth!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2018, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Wow, we have the Voice of Australia on the forum...

Will your cricket team play fairly from now on!

Is it true the Australian Cricket team have found some new material for their kit.......Emery Cloth!!
Remember the cricket ball tampering a few months ago? I believe a young lad asked one of the Aussie players for his autograph and passed him a sheet of sandpaper to use.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 11:02 AM

Same old sameold.
Meanwhile the tectonic plates are moving...

Reality is finally hitting Brexit in the solar plexus and the voices of those who will be most seriously affected are finally speaking out.
The old ideologies of freedom and sovereignty were never as important as putting the bread on the table that fuels such energy.

Instead of the cabinet pulling in one direction, the more this goes on the more severe the gap is. Davis is now considering resigning and the vast number of opinion polls all agree that since July last year, the majority of people want to stay in the EU.
The pile of cans down the road is piling up and time is running out.
According to EU law you will leave in March.
According to practising EU law you won't be gone until AT LEAST 2020 and probably further along than that. You will end up in the Customs Union and most likely in the Single Market but with no say.

So why not do yourselves a favour and withdraw A50 and keep your place in decision making of the conditions upon which you will be trading and the nature of the EU which is right now undergoing many reforms?

You can refuse to see the benefits of the EU but you cannot pretend Ireland does not exist.

In the end you will all come to learn to love the EU. LOLOL.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2018, 12:43 PM

Hi

We voted leave, that is Democracy in action.

I voted Leave, my choice, my decision.

What I did not Vote for is a bunch of incompetent Prats delivering a Brexit which will cause us immense harm.

A Swiss Deal would have been fine by me.

Independence, pragmatism, referendums on any thing important and a much higher standard of living for the ordinary person.

Our Prats have ruled that out , sheer madness.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Should be "Democracy In Action" but no signs of democracy in what's going on.

TM, and her crowd, have shown little sign of thinking democratically.

Am surprised that Corbyn has not yet seen fit to change his spots and started to shout loudly in favour of Brexit.

Probably would get him elected!

Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I voted Leave, my choice, my decision.

What I did not Vote for is a bunch of incompetent Prats delivering a Brexit which will cause us immense harm.

A Swiss Deal would have been fine by me.

Independence, pragmatism, referendums on any thing important and a much higher standard of living for the ordinary person.

Our Prats have ruled that out , sheer madness.
That "democracy in action" has unleashed the distinct possibility that you will have less democracy for a very long time. Mayhem and her crew ae repeatedly trying to sideline Parliament...the ONLY true consititutionally democratic supreme voice in the UK.
The ref was advisory according to the constitution. Cameron had no legal right to say the public's word would be followed because he spoke for Parliament and reduced its position in your govt.
The ref wasn't "democratic". It was bordering on the illegal.

and frankly it is about time Parliament grew some and did its job and restored democracy to the UK.

BTW if you want to be like Switzerland I suggest you change all your banking laws, allow ultra secret accounts, become neutral and BTW suffer one of the highest percentages of immigration per capita in Europe.
Flicker
France

10-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Should be "Democracy In Action" but no signs of democracy in what's going on.

TM, and her crowd, have shown little sign of thinking democratically.

Am surprised that Corbyn has not yet seen fit to change his spots and started to shout loudly in favour of Brexit.

Probably would get him elected!

I doubt it.
60+ polls going back a year all say the decision to leave was wrong.
Leavers have been in a minority since last July. If they would stop shouting so much they might notice reality.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
That "democracy in action" has unleashed the distinct possibility that you will have less democracy for a very long time. Mayhem and her crew ae repeatedly trying to sideline Parliament...the ONLY true consititutionally democratic supreme voice in the UK.
The ref was advisory according to the constitution. Cameron had no legal right to say the public's word would be followed because he spoke for Parliament and reduced its position in your govt.
The ref wasn't "democratic". It was bordering on the illegal.

and frankly it is about time Parliament grew some and did its job and restored democracy to the UK.

BTW if you want to be like Switzerland I suggest you change all your banking laws, allow ultra secret accounts, become neutral and BTW suffer one of the highest percentages of immigration per capita in Europe.
That would be all fine and dandy if our MP's in Westminster actually represented the opinions and wishes of the people they pledged to represent.
The Brexit vote has proven that is not the case.

Ergo......Parliament is not Democracy in action.

Parliament is a bunch of elitist , career politicians, mostly educated at a handful of top educational establishments trying to impose their agenda on the people.

All backed up by the elitist, non elected, non representative H.o.Lords and enforced by an unelected judiciary picked from a very small cadre of establishment judges.

I don't like your version of so called 'democracy'.....it's an illusion.
Flicker
France

10-06-2018, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
That would be all fine and dandy if our MP's in Westminster actually represented the opinions and wishes of the people they pledged to represent.
The Brexit vote has proven that is not the case.

Ergo......Parliament is not Democracy in action.

Parliament is a bunch of elitist , career politicians, mostly educated at a handful of top educational establishments trying to impose their agenda on the people.

All backed up by the elitist, non elected, non representative H.o.Lords and enforced by an unelected judiciary picked from a very small cadre of establishment judges.

I don't like your version of so called 'democracy'.....it's an illusion.
It is what you have and what you said you wanted to preserve/get back.

and the majority of voters now what to stay in the EU. So let them represent these people.

Page 13 of 15 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top