Join for free
Falconer
Lancashire
Falconer is male  Falconer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 10:58 AM

Rum Trifle.

Thought I might add my Recipe for my famous Rum Trifle...if that's ok?.

INGREDIENTS

--------------------

Packet of trifle sponges.

Jelly, (whichever suits your taste).

Tin of whichever fruit you prefer.

Custard powder.

Large carton of whipping cream, or canister of spray-cream. (As an alternative, Angel Delight can be used).

Chocolate vermicelli for topping, (crumbled Cadbury's Flake will be fine).

Large bottle of Rum.

------------------

METHOD

------------------

1. Take a 3-pint bowl, break the sponges into small pieces, and place in the bottom, and cover with sufficient Rum to soak until soft. (Why not pour yourself a glass at this stage, too?).

2. Take a heat-proof bowl and add jelly pieces...pour on 1/4 pint of boiling water, stir until jelly is melted, and leave to cool, (in the meantime, why not top-up your glass?).

3. When the jelly has melted, top up wiv 1/2 a pint of cold waterr, and pour carefully over the shponges. (Top up yer glash).

4. Open a can of fruit and shtrain off the juice and place frute carefully in the jelly, (Top up glash), and place the fridge in the bowl.

5. While the jelly sets, ya gotta make the cushtard, (hic), so make up a pint of thick cushtard, according to the instrumaluctions on the pakkit, (hic), an' leave it to cool.

9. While yer waitin' for the clusterd to coool, why not pouur yerself anothher glash, eh?.

4. Once the cool has custered, get the bowl out from wherever you shoved it, and pour evenly, (hic), over the Turkey, and bung it back in the oven to set.

12. glash yer Top up.

27. Meanwhile, (hic), whip the creeem, (into a frenzy, hee hee hee), and spead thickly over the Brushel Shprouts, adding shalt an' shuggar as you want. (Oh!, (hic), an' chuck shome shugger in the custred as well).

11. Glop yer tash up.

14. crush yer Flakes up, an 'ave a drink while yerz dooin' it.

19. shprinkle all that stuff where ya want to, but maake shure shome goes on the creeem. 'Ave a drimk.

24. Av anovver drimk. (hic).

13. Serve it tu whoevver wantsh shum.

49. pooor yershelff anovvver drimk, (hic), yoo erned itt!.

------------------------------

Gunna mayke thish agen, cuz I reely enjoyed maykin it, but I fink I need ter lie down ferr a likkle bitttt....byee fer nowww, (hic), enjjoy!.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2012, 10:16 PM

Re: Rum Trifle.

Might try that meself one day Falconer, bet the whole thing is delish.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top