Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 05:59 PM

Re: Weight loss plan

Hi

I am on a fish diet at the moment, white fish which I bake in foil, with plenty of veg from the garden.

It is working.
Vega
Europe
Vega is female  Vega has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 03:16 PM

Eating less is the best slimming diet....

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
The cottage cheese also has sugar content and yet it is a very low calorie food, 31 calories per 100gm, and a staple of slimming diets.
So assume the sugars in milk are not like sugar from beet or cane?
As per my previous post Yolande, sugar is sugar.

The basic chemical (atomic) formula is the same for all sugars excepting for some small arrangement of atoms.
There are Monosaccharides and Disaccharides but it's all essentially the same.

A pot of Sainsbury's Low Fat 300g Cottage Cheese contains 11.7g of sugar. That's the equivalent of 3 teaspoonfuls.
However it does have 1.8g of fibre in there so that's something.

By comparison, one of Nature's medium sized apples contains:

Calories : 95
Sugars : 19g
Fibre : 4g to 5g
Plus lots of good vitamins

The sugars break down as:

Monosaccharides: 15.15 g
Fructose: 10.72 g
Glucose: 4.42 g
Galactose: 0.00 g

Disaccharides: 3.76 g
Lactose: 0.00 g
Maltose: 0.00 g
Sucrose: 3.76 g

What matters is that fibre content. That's what changes the way your body processes the sugars.
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:17 PM

I cant seem to cut back without severe cravings for sweet food particularly chocolate. I don't last very long and now I'm feeling hopeless.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by noolsg ->
I cant seem to cut back without severe cravings for sweet food particularly chocolate. I don't last very long and now I'm feeling hopeless.
It's hard I know. We have all been purposely addicted to sugar from a young age. Getting off it is no easy thing.

Do you have any sugar in your drinks like tea/coffee?

Are you eating milk chocolate or plain?
If milk, then try to move over to a good plain chocolate around 70% cocoa.

Make yourself some bags of mixed nuts and dried fruit.

The nuts (esp almonds, walnuts and pecans) will give you the fibre you need whilst the fruits will give you the sweetness and sugar you crave.

Don't use any bags of white refined sugar. Throw them out.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:56 PM

The real question is, Do you want to die fat and happy or die skinney and miserable.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
The real question is, Do you want to die fat and happy or die skinney and miserable.
If a person is trying to diet and succeeds - why would they then be miserable? So far you've tried to explain the science of food, some of which I've followed and the rest was planning to look at in more detail, but this last statement is bizarre!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
If a person is trying to diet and succeeds - why would they then be miserable? So far you've tried to explain the science of food, some of which I've followed and the rest was planning to look at in more detail, but this last statement is bizarre!
No I have not ,that was Realist not me. Opticians you have another client on the way
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No I have not ,that was Realist not me. Opticians you have another client on the way
Thanks for pointing that out! Two names.......so similar......?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

16-08-2017, 09:44 AM

's ok I was here a member first

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top