Join for free
Tim Stimeling
New Member!
USA
Tim Stimeling is male 

29-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Managing corporate actions through automation?

automated forex trade has actually simplified most of the cumbersome procedures and has attracted more players to this trade. Whatever a big corporate did through its administrative machinery is being done virtually. Corporate actions are benefits given by a company to its investors, and it may be either monetary benefits like dividends, interest or non-monetary benefits like bonus etc. The regulatory authority often facilitates the distribution of corporate benefits.

Monetary benefits to investors are called cash-corporate actions and others as non-cash corporate actions. The issuer announces a record date/book closure period for the purpose of entitlement of corporate benefits. Let us consider the aspects involved in cash corporate actions.

The dividend and interest payment on securities is not within the purview of the regulatory authority’s system. The regulatory authority provides the investor with the ownership details to be given to the issuer and/or R & T agent. Based on this list, the issuer or R & T (Registrar & Transfer) agent directly forwards the dividend payment to the investor, as in case of the physical environment.

Now consider the non-cash corporate actions. The regulatory authority is involved in the distribution of this benefit. It provides the investor with the ownership details to be given to the issuer/R&T agent who will upload the investor’s details to the regulatory authority. The regulatory authority then credits the investor’s accounts by downloading the data to the depository participants.

Consider the bonus/rights issue of securities held in dematerialized form. The bonus/rights issue held against the dematerialized form can be either in the physical/dematerialized form, as per the choice of the investor. If the investor chooses to receive this non-cash corporate action in the dematerialized form, they will be credited into the depository account. However, if no choice is given, by default, the securities will be issued in the physical form.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Re: Managing corporate actions through automation?

Absolutely! Couldn`t have put it better myself.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 11:40 AM

It's spam Claire

Have banned the poster and removed the URL from the post
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 02:35 PM

Spam by Boredom!
love it.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 03:14 PM

Oh what a shame as I was going to say I liked it when one could walk into a broker`s office with a share certificate and this drop dead gorgeous lady said she would give me a good service and make me a good offer.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Oh damn, I thought we could have played with him a little longer!!! It was sooooo interesting zzz zzzzz zzzzz!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Good to hear though ..........?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2010, 06:58 PM

I added India to our banned IPs to the server as well. It, and China are the two largest when it comes to spammers! While I was there I added Malaysia and the Philippines too (China was on it a while back - as most of the hack attempts to our servers come from there!)

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top