Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Re: Don't walk home alone girls.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You were lucky Art.
Not everyone was .
Girls were attacked and murdered in the 1960s hitchhikers disappeared and were never seen again .
I was told as a child never to speak to strangers and never get into a strangers car.
I don't think it has anything to do with liberation .
Muddy, Thousands of people hitched lifts in those days and the only 'murder' l can remember was Barbara Mayo who disappeared and was never found. That's when people became scared to thumb a lift.
I think when women became liberated we lost the respect from many men. How many men open a door for you these days?
How many young women walk the streets in the early hours at the weekend, scantily dressed and are fine? Thousands! Not all men are rapists and attackers! It is the minority who see women as sluts and think they can have them at the taking. To them women have no value and are there to satisfy their need.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:01 AM

Well said Artangel, it's the perverts who who rape regardless of how the woman is dressed. It's not only young girls dressed inappropriate who get raped, I read about a young woman who took the kids to school came home and started to hoover a man had followed her came in when she was hoovering and raped her ....now she wasn't dressed like a tart she was a normal mum getting on with her life.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:09 AM

Liberation has nothing to do with it !
If a man doesn't respect women it doesn't matter if she is liberated or not !
Good manners may have gone by the board .
My husband opens the door for me everyday .
I am not generally out in the early hours of the morning so I don't know how many young women are walking about scantily dressed but I take it they are not walking alone .
Alone is the operative word .
There have always been men who regard women has having no value .
That is why they can only relate to women in a violent way .
They have serious issues
My point is that girls /women must not put themselves in a potentionaly dangerous situation .
It's called self preservation the first of our basic instincts.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:14 AM

Well said Muddy I agree but young ones will be young and foolish. I'll be glad when this half dressed fashion changes hope it goes nice and prim.....:-

Kiddy kippers should have read giddy kippers

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top