Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Scottish Power Compensation

I received a letter from Scottish Power yesterday informing me that they were paying me £73 as compensation for poor customer service whilst they upgraded their billing system.
I think compensation is being paid out up to £150 per customer.
A nice little surprise but l suppose it's nothing to what these companies make out of us!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Re: Scottish Power Compensation

Art is that because you made a complaint about their poor customer service ?

I'm with Scottish Power and have no complaints.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Me too, I didn't know they were upgrading the billing system. I can't think why it affects the customer I pay DD.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:50 AM

Myrtle and Gabi, This just came out of the blue! I hadn't made a complaint. Until the end of last year, l had paid my bill quarterly then l changed to D/D monthly payments.
This is from an article about it from the Daily Telegraph....

About 100,000 ScottishPower customers are in line for £150 compensation payments after the energy supplier was fined £18m by regulator Ofgem for poor service.

Ofgem said it had levied the penalty - the third biggest it has ever imposed on an energy company - because ScottishPower had failed to treat customers fairly due to problems with call handling, complaints resolution and billing.
Millions of customers were left facing long call waiting times and late bills as the company struggled to bring in a new IT system, resulting in more than 1m complaints between June 2013 and December 2015.

Up to £15m of the penalty is to be paid to vulnerable ScottishPower customers that were affected by the poor service, with the remainder going to charity.

It is understood that about 100,000 customers could be in line for the compensation payments, worth up to £150 each.

(I must be classed as 'vulnerable' !!)
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 11:19 AM

well being "vulnerable" has certainly paid off this time... enjoy your windfall

I pay by monthly D/D and am on online billing.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 11:31 AM

I want to be "vulnerable" and get £150 .....
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 04:43 PM

Me too £150 is not to be sniffed at.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top