Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 04:55 PM

Re: Anyone know what this is ?

We have a Salvia in our garden that has leaves like this. stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 05:07 PM

Looks like it could be Apple Mint.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 08:25 PM

Could it be a Gloxinia, a house plant ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:02 PM

But wouldn't you be able to smell that 'minty' smell on the leaves if it were?

Like you said Malcolm, it does look familiar but can't think of the name. What are those houseplants that are a bit like primulas but with longer stems, can't think of the name . . they are often a rich royal blue flower. . .
Anyway, I do feel its a house plant as opposed to a garden plant.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Could it be a Gloxinia, a house plant ?

I wondered that, too Alan.

What's the prize for the winner Malcolm?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wondered that, too Alan.

What's the prize for the winner Malcolm?
The problem plant maybe?
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 10:38 PM

Could it be that plant we used to call "Mother of Thousands"? It looks really healthy - has it any baby plants starting to appear in the leaf axils?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 06:22 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions but I suppose if no one knows for certain then we will have to wait and see.
If someone can positively identify the plant ... then I will award the following prize

A 10 inch vinyl LP from 1970 of "Your Famous Football Chants!
Sung by Canterbury Cathedral Choir, conducted by Archbishop Billy 'The Cat' Jarvis.
This compilation includes all-time favourites including 'Come on you Reds' 'You're not singing anymore' and 'Who ate all the pies'
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Salvia divinorum (also known as Sage of the Diviners,[2] Ska María Pastora,[3] Seer's Sage,[4] and just Salvia) is a psychoactive plant which can induce visions and other hallucinatory experiences. Its native habitat is in cloud forest in the isolated Sierra Mazateca of Oaxaca, Mexico, where it grows in shady and moist locations.[5][6] The plant grows to over a meter high,[1] has hollow square stems, large leaves, and occasional white flowers with violet calyxes. Botanists have not determined whether Salvia divinorum is a cultigen or a hybrid; native plants reproduce vegetatively, rarely producing viable seed.
Wiki.

Gardening is not my favourite subject but that plant looks similar to this one Malcolm, a psychoactive plant and if it has square hollow stems you’re on the pigs back, it’s also known as ‘Mexican Mick’. Hang onto it until it matures then smoke it, and you could be swinging on a star, well swinging on something and seeing all sorts of wonderful things.
If I win the prize you can pass it on to the old footballers association, cheer them up no end I’m sure.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Thanks Jem, it is similar but not the same ... So,....close but no prize this time my friend !

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top