Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 12:56 PM

Noooooo weekend away cancelled

How annoying I've been swapping shifts with one of the ladies I work with for past few weeks so I get Friday night off and we go away for the weekend, I covered her shift on Wednesday, as arranged, she called in sick yesterday so I covered again and just heard she is off tonight too

Wouldn't mind but I know for a fact she was out last night looked like party time when I saw her as I drove home !

Oh well I guess we were all young once and she does do two jobs so I guess she deserves a day or two off just gutted it stops me getting away, wil try to persuade Steven to take the family not fair they miss out too.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Noooooo weekend away cancelled

Julie! The world won't stop turning if you go away as planned.
All you have to do is call in and say your plans are made and as usual you won't be there this evening.
Stay firm!
Don't be a martyr!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:28 PM

Only problem with that is its a personal arrangement between us I couldn't let my boss down at such short notice, having now got a lovely boss I am extremely loyal to her, couldn't let the office staff down either they need me or will come in and find mummy Julie hasn't put their cups back on their desks all nice and clean for Monday morning and thrown away the food they have forgotten in the fridges.

Do you know one person there puts her or might be his cereal bowl in the dish washer complete with spoon and remaining cereal and milk, if I wasn't there or my colleague who gets a bit cross with them, that bowl would go through the machine and everyone would find their cup covered in cereal on Monday. Not nice.

They need me they appreciate me I can't let them down.

No martyr I promise I am paid to work and I will do what I am paid for.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:31 PM

Well your choice of course...

But in your shoes I'd call round at this feckless colleague who is effectively taking you for granted and selling you so shortand, ask her what SHE is going to do!

Maybe she'll decide to go to work!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:36 PM

I think you've been lucky to get someone to swap so far, so you can have a long weekend. Perhaps you can have one next week instead and not work her day.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-06-2016, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think you've been lucky to get someone to swap so far, so you can have a long weekend. Perhaps you can have one next week instead and not work her day.
You are right I have been lucky it was her suggestion mind I never asked her to do it, I think it benefitted her in some way too the night she worked latex she always has a problem getting to our job so it helped her too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:39 PM

I would stand up in the office and shout out 'who does this cereal bowl belong to?!' Shame them.

I agree with Ruthio...it's your weekend away...take it. The world won't stop spinning if they don't get clean mugs on their desks. Might teach them to clean up after themselves!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-06-2016, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I would stand up in the office and shout out 'who does this cereal bowl belong to?!' Shame them.

I agree with Ruthio...it's your weekend away...take it.
Lol they have emailed all the staff someone either doesn't read their emails or is making a dirty protest I think, that of they think a man is inside the machine sorting it all out a dishwasher fairy perhaps.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:43 PM

I'd still leave it out of the dishwasher, and put it aside...cereal and milk and spoon intact.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

24-06-2016, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I'd still leave it out of the dishwasher, and put it aside...cereal and milk and spoon intact.
Great minds I did that last night and left a note on it too just a polite the machine can't cope one nothing rude but am hoping it might impact.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top