Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:10 PM

Jus Rol Cinnamon Swirls - Yum!

Just thought I would fly the flag for the new Jus Rol frozen Cinnamon Swirls. They are a new product and were on special offer so bought 2 packs. (6 to each pack) I tried them for breakfast on Saturday morning and my goodness, they were superb.
The pack comes with the dough ready to cut in a small tin.You just pull the tab to the left and the top comes off. Empty the roll of dough (which already cotains the Cinnamon in it) onto your table top. Also included in the box is the icing sugar that you drizzle over the tops of the Cinnamon Swirls when they are baked and still yummy warm. You just add some water to the icing sugar to the thickness that you desire.
It said when slightly cooled, (which I did) to warm some apricot jam and brush over the tops for a lovely glossy look before drizzling with the icing. Made such a difference.

Preheat Oven to 200C/Fan 180/Gas Mark 6

Layer your oven tray with greaseproof paper

Cut the ready to cut roll of dough into 6 equal parts.
Lay them out on the lined oven tray and bake for 11-14 minutes.

Make up the icing sugar with 1 to 2 teaspoons of water.

Remove Cinnamon Swirls from oven and allow to cool slightly before brushing with warmed apricot jam to give them a lovely glossy top.

Drizzle the icing over the tops and Consume!!!!!!

Two of the above with my two usual mugs of tea for breakfast was absolutely delicious. Still got one pack in the freezer and will definitely get these again (If any left on the shelf once everyone else finds out just how nice they are!)

Enjoy!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:14 PM

Re: Jus Rol Cinnamon Swirls - Yum!

You bought them last Saturday and still have six left
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:26 PM

I'm not sure how new they are, I've been buying them for about 4 years, the boys can't get enough. Must stop calling them boys they are both over 6 foot and working men !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You bought them last Saturday and still have six left
LOL UJ, I have a man who goes without breakfast 5 days a week as he goes to work very early, so usual for a Saturday morning on his plate are the following,

1 slice of Fried bread
1 Egg
2 Pork Sausages
2 Rashers of Lean Bacon
1/2 Grilled Tomato
1/2 dozen small fried potatoes

Plus 2 slices of Toast, large glass of fresh orange juice and two mugs of tea !!

Getting him to eat 2 Cinnamon Rolls on Saturday was nothing short of a miracle! so not pushing my luck, will bring em out of the freezer maybe every 4th week.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm not sure how new they are, I've been buying them for about 4 years, the boys can't get enough. Must stop calling them boys they are both over 6 foot and working men !
Julie, apologies if I got that wrong. I bought them from Tesco on my home shopping and it said in the corner "NEW" so you are probably right and they are new to Tesco.

Aren't they nice though! never had them previously and to be honest, never seen them before in the shop cabinets.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:33 PM

Yes are very morish I always think. They do one with currents too that's rather yummy ! I sprinkle them with cinnamon and they disappear before theve cooled !
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
LOL UJ, I have a man who goes without breakfast 5 days a week as he goes to work very early, so usual for a Saturday morning on his plate are the following,

1 slice of Fried bread
1 Egg
2 Pork Sausages
2 Rashers of Lean Bacon
1/2 Grilled Tomato
1/2 dozen small fried potatoes

Plus 2 slices of Toast, large glass of fresh orange juice and two mugs of tea !!

Getting him to eat 2 Cinnamon Rolls on Saturday was nothing short of a miracle! so not pushing my luck, will bring em out of the freezer maybe every 4th week.

Goes without breakfast - the very idea is abhorrent!!! - I could never go without my breakfast and yes I eat that early (circa 06.00 - 06.30).

This morning's fry up was: 2 eggs, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 Cumberland sausages, 2 slices of black pudding, 2, hash browns 6 chestnut mushrooms (sliced) and a large mug of black coffee.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-03-2017, 01:36 PM

My husband has his breakfast at 4am I think idea of a big breakfast would finish him off I manage to get a little yogurt into him is all. He has a salad at 11am so I don't worry too much he's going to starve.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

30-03-2017, 12:37 PM

There is no way I could persuade he who must obey to eat anything for breakfast during the week. A cup of tea is his mainstay, I do him a packed lunch of a sandwich, a banana, apple or orange and a Mars bar. I always ensure he has a bottle of fresh orange juice too. He stops twice for a Costa Latte during the day and has a hot dinner in the evening. Doesn't seem to have done him any harm. When I was working and he used to give me a lift to the station I had to have a slice of toast with my cuppa in the morning or my tummy would be rumbling by 9 am and I lost concentration quickly. People are so different, aren't they?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

30-03-2017, 12:47 PM

Absolutely and if you find what works for your body I say don't be persuaded to change.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top