Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:08 PM

Re: Cameron Quits

Hi

However much I disagreed with him on the way he ran the Referendum Campaign, I have to admire him.

He got it wrong, lost and had the decency to resign straight away.

Many would not have done so.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:31 PM

Mr Cameron, who resigned as prime minister after June's EU referendum, said he did not want to be a "distraction" for new PM Theresa May.
I do think that is rather a presumptuous statement which makes Cameron sound self-important .

Theresa May doesn't seem like the kind of person that would be in any way distracted by Cameron , more likely he has got a lucrative deal up his sleeve.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Made a good start, but faded away at the end. At least he is not doing a "Ted Heath". Why do the British hate success and money - he has excellent relations worldwide, so let him earn! Dog in a manger comes to mind.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Made a good start, but faded away at the end. At least he is not doing a "Ted Heath". Why do the British hate success and money - he has excellent relations worldwide, so let him earn! Dog in a manger comes to mind.
I agree Dobra but if Cameron has another occupation up his sleeve I would rather he said so rather than being so self-important.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 07:06 PM

Rumours say he is going to start a pig farm in Pakistan.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree Dobra but if Cameron has another occupation up his sleeve I would rather he said so rather than being so self-important.
He probably thinks he will become a focus for every disgruntled Comservative MP trying to persuade him to head a rebellion on this or that or the media seeking his oplnion on every decision made by Teresa May. Much like Ted Heath was for Margaret Thatcher.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Rumours say he is going to start a pig farm in Pakistan.
This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home to stick his snout in the same give a speech gravy train as Tony Blair and the rest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...on-career.html

Dave's ready to rake in millions: First a huge deal for his memoirs, then he could follow Blair on the £250,000 a time speaking circuit...as SamCam plans her lucrative fashion career
Cameron announced politics departure today after losing EU referendum
Speculation he will follow example of Blair, who made £100m since 2007
Minister said he'll write memoirs, take directorships, and publicly speak
Samantha planning label with former aide and stylist Isabel Spearman
_________

Also, I have never agreed with Labours Angela Eagle before but I have to agree with her here...

But Labour's Angela Eagle declined to add her voice to the tributes, telling the BBC Mr Cameron had "put his whole country at risk to settle a debate in his own party" through the EU referendum.
"He has now walked away leaving others to clear up the mess."

Hear Hear Angela.
Hear Hear!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 11:49 PM

I sometimes wonder whether he might have been better off remaining in office and publicly stating that he will do everything he can to follow the wish of the majority of the electorate.

It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong. He didn't. He ran off with his tail between his legs.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2016, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I sometimes wonder whether he might have been better off remaining in office and publicly stating that he will do everything he can to follow the wish of the majority of the electorate.

It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong. He didn't. He ran off with his tail between his legs.
I agree with JBR!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Good on Cameron, at least he is better than Blair, who is still sticking around and telling us what to do.
Originally Posted by Nom ->
Cameron will line his pockets the same as Blair make no doubt about that. Useless wretch.
"What great ones do the less will prattle of ...."
Me mate, Bill S.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top