Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 09:24 AM

Re: Cameron Quits

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I sometimes wonder whether he might have been better off remaining in office and publicly stating that he will do everything he can to follow the wish of the majority of the electorate.

It takes a big man to admit that he was wrong. He didn't. He ran off with his tail between his legs.
...and he has done it twice.
Clearly, Cameron made no provision for a successful leave vote. It obviously never occurred to him he could misjudge the majority public feeling. He also said he would stay on if the vote was for leave, he went off and sulked instead.

Now Teresa May is changing his policies and no one seems to be giving him a second thought, more sulking.

I would have thought better of him had he as Prime Minister the leader of the country stayed neutral in the referedum and made some kind of provision for a leave vote then stayed on to see the departure through .

Having left his office after the successful leave vote he could have been a man and stayed on in his job representing his constituents a job he is paid to do and he could have done that without getting in Teresa May's hair.
Cameron comes across to me as a spoilt little boy who didn't get his own way.
As a public schoolboy he should have learnt you 'play up and play the game' and you don't snivel about it .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
...and he has done it twice.
Clearly, Cameron made no provision for a successful leave vote. It obviously never occurred to him he could misjudge the majority public feeling. He also said he would stay on if the vote was for leave, he went off and sulked instead.

Now Teresa May is changing his policies and no one seems to be giving him a second thought, more sulking.

I would have thought better of him had he as Prime Minister the leader of the country stayed neutral in the referedum and made some kind of provision for a leave vote then stayed on to see the departure through .

Having left his office after the successful leave vote he could have been a man and stayed on in his job representing his constituents a job he is paid to do and he could have done that without getting in Teresa May's hair.
Cameron comes across to me as a spoilt little boy who didn't get his own way.
As a public schoolboy he should have learnt you 'play up and play the game' and you don't snivel about it .
I agree with Meg.
After all, it isn't only online forums that have their fair share of sulkers and flouncers and tantrum takers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
I agree with Meg.
After all, it isn't only online forums that have their fair share of sulkers and flouncers and tantrum takers.
So I noticed Boozer as they say 'all life is here'
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->

Also, I have never agreed with Labours Angela Eagle before but I have to agree with her here...

But Labour's Angela Eagle declined to add her voice to the tributes, telling the BBC Mr Cameron had "put his whole country at risk to settle a debate in his own party" through the EU referendum.
"He has now walked away leaving others to clear up the mess."

Hear Hear Angela.
Hear Hear!
I am surprised you agree with Angela Eagle BC, after all the main thrust of her attack on Cameron was that he was stupid enough to have allowed Britain the referendum.....
P.S. personally I don't think we are in a mess regarding Brexit, and resigning is the best thing he could have done for the country after his pathetic campaign to remain in the EU .
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 10:24 AM

Rumour has it that he is moving to Cornwall to start a pasty factory.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 11:08 AM

Hi

For all his faults, it should be remembered that he did give us the Referendum, many would have not.

As for his leaving, do not forget he was not the greatest negotiator with the EU was he?

Far better to have someone else.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

For all his faults, it should be remembered that he did give us the Referendum, many would have not.

As for his leaving, do not forget he was not the greatest negotiator with the EU was he?

The only reason he gave us a referendum was because he was forced into it by Nigel Farage!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

would say it was more that he was backed into a corner by t

I wouldn't give him any credit at all for promising a referendum on the EU. The only reason we had a referendum was because of his usual bad judgement when he felt he was being forced into a corner due to the success of UKIP and it's ever upward numbers of (according to him) "fruitcake, looney, racist followers. He was advised by many not to allow a referendum, including even his hero, Tony Blair's henchman, one Alistair Campbell. Luckily for us that voted to leave, he ignored all advice.

So, because of his bad judgement, it came to be...............and we all know what happened there don't we? He got the biggest bloody nose he has probably ever had in his life, all thanks to his sheer arrogance in his elitist belief that the people of Great Britain were so in love with him they would be gullible enough to believe the hype that was daily churned out of the Government machine during the referendum campaign.

David Cameron is no loss. He started off well, but as is the norm with him, when the time came for him to act as a Leader of this great country and fight our corner, he instead turned into a coward and let Juncker walk all over him.
He was doomed the moment he caught the train home!

So, with David Cameron, the man that came back with his tail between his legs, promptly resigned as Prime Minister when he lost to Brexit and now he has failed his own constituents by refusing to stay on as a back bench MP and forcing a by-election.

As I said,

Good riddance.

Let us now hope that Mrs May is an improvement and doesn't turn into a Mrs Might!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
would say it was more that he was backed into a corner by t

i wouldn't give him any credit at all for promising a referendum on the eu. The only reason we had a referendum was because of his usual bad judgement when he felt he was being forced into a corner due to the success of ukip and it's ever upward numbers of (according to him) "fruitcake, looney, racist followers. He was advised by many not to allow a referendum, including even his hero, tony blair's henchman, one alistair campbell. Luckily for us that voted to leave, he ignored all advice.

So, because of his bad judgement, it came to be...............and we all know what happened there don't we? He got the biggest bloody nose he has probably ever had in his life, all thanks to his sheer arrogance in his elitist belief that the people of great britain were so in love with him they would be gullible enough to believe the hype that was daily churned out of the government machine during the referendum campaign.

David cameron is no loss. He started off well, but as is the norm with him, when the time came for him to act as a leader of this great country and fight our corner, he instead turned into a coward and let juncker walk all over him.
He was doomed the moment he caught the train home!

So, with david cameron, the man that came back with his tail between his legs, promptly resigned as prime minister when he lost to brexit and now he has failed his own constituents by refusing to stay on as a back bench mp and forcing a by-election.

As i said,

good riddance.

Let us now hope that mrs may is an improvement and doesn't turn into a mrs might!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2016, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The only reason he gave us a referendum was because he was forced into it by Nigel Farage!
Exactly.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top