Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 01:59 AM

Those three little words

When was the last time you were told you were loved?
I mean actually told, not just shown in other ways.

Same applies vice versa. Do you actually still say you love someone, or just think 'they ought to know by now!'

The reason I ask is because I was told yesterday, by a group of friends, that they all loved me. It caught me off guard and was so sincere, that I'm not ashamed to admit I filled up.
It got me thinking why it had this affect on me, and I decided it was because I am not used to it. I can't remember anyone saying that to me, and meaning it, since around the late 80's time.

Gives a lovely warm feeling don't it. Perhaps we should say it more often to each other.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 02:12 AM

Re: Those three little words

more than 2 years ago by my mum
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 03:20 AM

About 1/2 hour ago - by our parrot!
It makes me feel good too!

As for humans, my husband tells me every day, and I tell him too. And mean it.
Growing up, it wasn't often said in our household, not because I had bad parents or anything - I think it was just understood that the love was there.
As an adult it took me a while to get used to saying it without feeling uncomfortable. Silly eh!
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 03:38 AM

My brother says I love you and I fear one of us is terminal...but no really, my daughter all the time and the pups and kits in their own way...even the rats...I would hope the fish...ungrateful little feeders.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 04:38 AM

Decades ago, and looking back most times it was only words without the sentiment behind it.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by lovemyboys ->
Growing up, it wasn't often said in our household, not because I had bad parents or anything - I think it was just understood that the love was there.
As an adult it took me a while to get used to saying it without feeling uncomfortable. Silly eh!
I'm exactly the same! My parents never said it but I was a much loved only child. It took me many years to realise it though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 05:15 AM

Every time i speak to my sons they always say love you mum .
I say the same to them .
My husband tells me he loves me frequently and i do him too.
You see you never know when the final hour comes and when it does let the last words you remember be those of love
oxymoron47
Australia
oxymoron47 is male  oxymoron47 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:09 AM

My wife says it occasionally, but shows it in many ways, every day. I love her too.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 07:43 AM

Understandable Mups x
I love this line - how fab (by love my boys) .....................

About 1/2 hour ago - by our parrot!
It makes me feel good too!
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2015, 08:05 AM

Every single day - several times a day!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top