Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:17 AM

Dodgy Job Interviews

With all the publicity about Harvey Weinstein, it reminded me of a job interview I had at the age of seventeen.

I responded to an advert in the local paper for a post of secretary. I was invited for an interview at a local hotel and told to wait in the lounge. A man introduced himself to me, telling me that he was a visiting hospital consultant and required a secretary based in our town (this was true). I went to his room and he plied me with gin and tonics whilst interviewing me. It transpired that he was expecting more than secretarial duties, telling me that he was purchasing a house and asking me if my parents would object to my hosting dinner parties. Even, naive as I was, I could see that all duties would be included and when he offered me the job I told him that I would think about it and left.

For several weeks after he would contact me despite my telling him that it was not for me. Eventually he got the message.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Dodgy Job Interviews

Trust me I'm a doctor!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 01:00 PM

I think these days a seventeen year old has more savvy than we did at that age.

Re Harvey Weinstein, I wonder what the future holds for a man like this.
His reputation is in shatters, he's been sacked from his own firm by the board, he's been publicly humiliated outed and shamed by his peers, he's no doubt facing a series of rape charges, and his wife has now left him.

Lordruthio says he reckons he'll lie low for a year or so and then start up another film business, and despite all this sleaze he'll have no trouble recruiting would be stars and returning to film making.

What think you?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I think these days a seventeen year old has more savvy than we did at that age.

Re Harvey Weinstein, I wonder what the future holds for a man like this.
His reputation is in shatters, he's been sacked from his own firm by the board, he's been publicly humiliated outed and shamed by his peers, he's no doubt facing a series of rape charges, and his wife has now left him.

Lordruthio says he reckons he'll lie low for a year or so and then start up another film business, and despite all this sleaze he'll have no trouble recruiting would be stars and returning to film making.

What think you?
Methinks the wise lord may be right
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 04:57 PM

The grim legend of the so called Casting Couch has never been more publicised.
Imagine how many poor girls were abused in this way over the decades...we know about Crosby but I bet loads more accusations come out now...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:32 PM

He probably agreed to be sacked (with a golden handshake) so as not to put the company in jeopardy. He will become a silent partner now.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The grim legend of the so called Casting Couch has never been more publicised.
Imagine how many poor girls were abused in this way over the decades...we know about Crosby but I bet loads more accusations come out now...
So why now after all these years? Were the women so desperate to get the part, they would do anything?
I done condone his behaviour but it takes two to Tango! For those who did, they must’ve been desperate for the fame.
Tartlet
UK
Tartlet is female  Tartlet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:20 PM

Interviews, doctors and being seventeen have reminded me about the medical I had to have as part of the interview and application process for my first job in the Civil Service.

In those more innocent days, I didn’t think too much about the doctor spending an inordinate amount of time examining and touching my bosom but these days I think it might well be classed as sexual abuse. I didn’t tell anyone about it and it did me no harm. I just thought it was rather odd.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2017, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Tartlet ->
Interviews, doctors and being seventeen have reminded me about the medical I had to have as part of the interview and application process for my first job in the Civil Service.

In those more innocent days, I didn’t think too much about the doctor spending an inordinate amount of time examining and touching my bosom but these days I think it might well be classed as sexual abuse. I didn’t tell anyone about it and it did me no harm. I just thought it was rather odd.

I often wonder if i really needed to be naked for a BP check when a nieve 18 year old having a medical for a very large supermarket
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2017, 06:53 AM

Hi

I have a very simple view of this.

It is a woman's body to give and given freely, it is a wonderous thing.

Given under duress, it means nothing.

Sex with Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow, yes, yes and yes.

The stuff of dreams.

Forcing them, YUK, no part of my life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top