Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:25 AM

The right way to go about a trade deal (not!!!)

The scumbag 'nasty party', not content with p*ssing off a large chunk of Europe, now seem to be determined to p*ss off China too. Is there anyone inside the scumbag 'nasty party' with at least one brain cell???

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...outh-china-sea
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:41 AM

Re: The right way to go about a trade deal (not!!!)

Art of diplomacy needs teaching it seems, if we want to be seen as a good place to deal with.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:52 AM

So you think it's OK for China to claim the whole of the South China Sea and curtail all navigation rights at the expense of every other country in the world, just so we can sell them a tin of beans?

For a combative character you certainly know how to roll over, obviously all wind and p**s yourself..
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:53 AM

Send a gunboat Carruthers, teach these johnny foreigners who is the boss!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:06 AM

Hi

The United Nations have ruled against China's claim to this vast area which is rich in oil and gas deposits and accounts for 12% of the world total fish catch.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
So you think it's OK for China to claim the whole of the South China Sea and curtail all navigation rights at the expense of every other country in the world, just so we can sell them a tin of beans?

For a combative character you certainly know how to roll over, obviously all wind and p**s yourself..

The Uk is no longer a world power and the South China Sea (the clue is in the name) is in China's back door - they have a bloody sight more right to it than some tin pot gunboat from a country more than 8000 miles away.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:17 AM

There is more to diplomacy than appeasement, some cultures actually respect strength and courage...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

13-02-2018, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
The Uk is no longer a world power and the South China Sea (the clue is in the name) is in China's back door - they have a bloody sight more right to it than some tin pot gunboat from a country more than 8000 miles away.
We are not claiming ownership, merely maintaining our right to navigation through international waters. You think that's not important?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-02-2018, 11:22 AM

We are not claiming ownership, merely maintaining our right to navigation through international waters. You think that's not important?

That's probably not how China would see it, and if she felt p*ssed off with the UK, could wipe us off the face of the earth without even breaking into a sweat.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:24 AM

There is more to diplomacy than appeasement, some cultures actually respect strength and courage...
This is true I agree Barry but are we big enough and powerful enough to police the world ? I hate trump but I support him coming here because we have hosted many even worse than him, we use diplomacy not harsh words to try and get changes. I'd rather sit a despot down to a cup of tea with our queen than go down the yelling at top of my voice that some do, I predict the diplomatic effect our queen shows will gradually make changes whereas shouty shouty just makes people dig their heals in.

I was very against wars in Middle East it's none of our business what happens in other countries, I'm just as against yelling at China for same reason.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top