Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:04 PM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We have a communal carpark you just park where you can, only time I get a little disappointed is if all the spaces are taken and I can't park at all, that usually means I have to ring to get someone to come out and park my car at the bottom of the road, and walk back up because I can't often walk that far these days. Happened tonight, so someone will have to fetch it back up in the morning for me.
Aren't there any disabled spaces in the car park Julie?
I thought there had to be a percentage these days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:14 PM

Re: Does It Annoy You If Someone Parks Across Your Drive, Or In your Usual Parking Place?

Don't think it's absolutely about the parking issues, what rags most folks off, is when someone else behaves in a manner, without consideration, in a way others would not.
And sticks the metaphorical finger up.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:16 PM

Parking across my driveway would also have consequences, they would have no reason to, no other houses, so they would prob be taken away in a white van to the nearest psychiatric unit
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I listened to this on the radio 4 on the way home. Apparently, there is no law to stop people parking in your drive if they want to.

Not strictly correct.

There are some laws that prevent this and also towns/cities can vary.

The dropped kerb law requires access at all times and cannot be blocked, or shouldn't.

I dislike people parking across my drive and blocking it which has, on occasion, resulted in a note.....a not so polite note.

As for "usual parking spot" do you mean one specifically allocated to you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:42 PM

It makes me very cross...
No note on the window , I told his mother and asked her to sort it out....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

As for "usual parking spot" do you mean one specifically allocated to you?
That'll be a Disabled Parking Space marked out on the road outside your door.
BUT it also enables anyone with a blue badge to park there!!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:17 PM

You mean like this bastard?

No problem, I just let at least two of their tyres down by unscrewing the valve (note left rear tyre still deflating).

I have since painted a white line in the road which has stopped the problem altogether.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-12-27 14.45.16.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	5150  
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Some people get very annoyed if someone parks across their driveway or in their usual parking spot.
Does it bother you? Or do you not care who parks there?
Have you, or would you put a polite note under their windscreen wipers?
Originally Posted by ruthio ->
That'll be a Disabled Parking Space marked out on the road outside your door.
BUT it also enables anyone with a blue badge to park there!!
Sorry for the confusion.

My fault for not quoting.

When Art wrote "your usual spot" I wondered if she meant outside your house for example......if it's not an allocated spot then it doesn't bother me as first come first served.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 11:46 PM

I think it is illegal to park across a dropped kerb, isn't it?

As someone who uses a disability scooter, parked cars are my nightmare. Both sides of my road have cars and vans parked with two wheels on the pavement. I am therefore obliged to travel down the road which is a steep hill with a sharp bend halfway down. Invariably traffic coming up the hill take the corner wider than they should and I fear that one of these days they are going to clip me. I do have a road legal scooter, registered with the DVLA, but it would be better for all concerned if I could actually use the pavement.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:04 AM

The height of bad manners parking across someone's drive thus denying someone access to their property. Where I live, my drive and the one directly opposite, are used regularly by drivers to turn round and go back where they came from. I wouldn't mind but both drives are less the fifty yards from a road junction. Why the bloody hell don't they turn round there?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top