Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 06:56 PM

Switching from Windows to IOS

Desk top is on its last legs and now my iPad is coming to the end of its life ( can't upgrade the OS past IOS 9 ) so I've bitten the bullet and ordered a MacBook Air

Did anyone who switched over from Windows find the Mac to be confusing to use or easy to pick up?

I use my pad just for surfing really with a few apps for day to day life. Anything like photos, word processing etc I've always used the desk top

Any apps that are a must have?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 07:06 PM

Re: Switching from Windows to IOS

Hi

Switch to Apple and get hacked, simple as.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2018, 07:11 PM

If you want to pay more for less, go for it.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:15 PM

Well that was helpful

I've already bought it so that's kind of a moot point, as for hacking, I've been using iPads and iPhones for 10 years and not hacked yet. Guess I'm either lucky or they aren't easily hacked

I kind of guess you guys are anti Apple. I get it They aren't for everyone. I've always wanted one, always thought over priced so done without. Only I've saved and saved and saved and finally thought sod it, I want one
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Well that was helpful

I've already bought it so that's kind of a moot point, as for hacking, I've been using iPads and iPhones for 10 years and not hacked yet. Guess I'm either lucky or they aren't easily hacked

I kind of guess you guys are anti Apple. I get it They aren't for everyone. I've always wanted one, always thought over priced so done without. Only I've saved and saved and saved and finally thought sod it, I want one
A good a reason as any and if you've been using iPads and iPhones all of your accounts can be synchronised to the Macbook.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:39 PM

Desk top is on its last legs and now my iPad is coming to the end of its life ( can't upgrade the OS past IOS 9 ) so I've bitten the bullet and ordered a MacBook Air
Get thee behind me Satan!
Mel15
Nowhere

14-02-2018, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Get thee behind me Satan!
Lol

Apple is definitely the Marmite of the technical world
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:56 PM

Lol

Apple is definitely the Marmite of the technical world
I am glad you didn't slur the far better more delicious Vegemite.

Marmite is s**t in a jar.

Mel15
Nowhere

15-02-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I am glad you didn't slur the far better more delicious Vegemite.

Marmite is s**t in a jar.

Wise up, vegemite is a poor substitute for the real thing
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 12:25 AM

I have done the lot from Windows 3.1 up to and including Windows 10, I must say I have loved Windows and it’s ease of navigation, but by god the constant viruses, Trojans, Spam etc almost weekly, the never ending cost of new virus checkers etc etc etc made me go for an IMac...which I bought 3 years ago. I have never had a problem with it, switch it on it works, no error 404,s no blue screen of death no demands to update virus checkers.
Ok it cost more...but I have saved myself time and money

The detractors are just envious, or poor people who can’t afford one and hate those who can

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top