Join for free
Page 138 of 190 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:00 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Foxy, were you wearing trousers under your protective clothes?
I only ask because when you said you had rushed naked, from the garage, your bottom half already looked naked under those clothes.

Ha Ha Twink, I was wearing some underwear and a vest....
I was soaking wet and full of dust by the time I finished, so I threw the whole lot into the laundry basket in the garage and made a run for it.... Mostly old old folk in our cul-de-sac (including me) and they drink their Horlicks and go to bed early.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor Foxy, you must ache all over.
Don't give up on that piriformis yet, I am still getting twinges too, it seems to take forever doesn't it.
Did your physio give you an exercises to do?

Hey, like the see-through trousers. . .

Thanks Mups you naughty girl....
Yes I did ache all over, still do, I don't think I've recovered yet...
My Piriformis is as bad as ever Mups, but I must take some of the blame myself what with all the bending, stretching and lifting over the last few days. The Phyisio didn't give me any exercises to do, but I've found some on the internet that I'm trying out mornings and nights. I've more or less given up on trying to run while I've got all this work to do, but I shall kick off with a five mile walk in the morning.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-05-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
PMSL....the Ms Marples strike again...'I see You there shakin' that naked ass'
Thanks May........What am I like.....I bet you're getting used to me by now, the forum see's more of me than Mrs Fox does.......She's just glad that she's getting the work done, didn't even notice what I was wearing....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-05-2018, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You did it, Bob! It is Tuesday, meaning you are done with the most difficult of the work, and you did it on time. It must be a huge relief.

It seems this project has taken quite a toll on you physically and emotionally, but in the end - look what you have accomplished! Not only is there more quality control (from both you and Mrs. OGF and cost savings that come with DIY, you’ll always have a little satisfaction and well-deserved pried in your work.

Just a little fun suggestion, but when my great-grandfather and father built their homes, they sealed into a space in the wall note of the year, who lived in the house, and the project that was being done. In the late ‘90s, someone actually found the note my great grandfather had left in his house before the turn of the 20th century, and because it is a small town, they were able to pass it along to my dad. When through with the note, my dad (feeling proud and sentimental) wisely asked it to be returned to the wall’s interior.

It’s regrettable that all this work had to be undertaken when your piriformis was so inflamed and your hands are beaten up. Over here, it is customary that when husbands do such taxing labor, that their wives treat them to an evening of backrubs, hot baths with shampooing and massages in empathy and appreciation. There are candles, calming music, cold beer, you name it. This tradition goes very far back.

Ok, ok….so that might be a little exaggeration, but Mrs. Fox doesn’t need to know that

The kitchen looks ready to go, and now comes the easy part. Well done!

Take care and thanks for the peek into your….um….kitchen .
I've always loved doing all the DIY Surfermom, not just for the money saving, but as you say, for the pride in my work, but things seem physically harder these days, and it takes me longer to recover after a late night session. That note seems like a brilliant idea, and after removing some wall tiles I found marks on the wall we made as my daughter was growing up, it triggered many happy memories. I doubt Mrs Fox would consider any of the customs you mentioned Surfermom, and I don't think I would want her to.......I keep thinking of those days I spent alone in in Hull, and how a great weight had been lifted......Only for it to bear down again when I returned......

Still a few jobs to complete, and Matt the kitchen fitter leaves me some homework before he leaves each day. He doesn't do electrics, so I get out my screwdriver when he's gone.
Thirty minutes on the exercise bike today made me realise how much I miss running, so I'll kick off my next attempt in the morning with a five mile walk, see how it goes....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-05-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
A good job depends on good preparation...

Your fitter will certainly appreciate all your hard work in getting the place ready for the units, I love this stage of a renovation when you see everything come together

Great story about you Grandfathers note Surfermom I'm glad it was put back for future generations to find and enjoy .
It's something I've always subscribed to Summer...
And the fitter did mention that if I needed a job he would set me on preparing kitchens before they started work, so impressed was he with the clean out job I'd done....
Just two days work, and it already looks brilliant with all the cupboards and units in place. The fridge and freezer are operational in their spaces, and all the doors have been fitted. I wired up the extractor fan tonight, and completed the wiring for the new Induction Hob (6mm grey flat twin and earth is such a bitch to work with) although the hob itself can't be fitted until the granite worktops have been manufactured and installed. Apparently special blokes have to cut and fit those once the carcasses are finished. Should take about a week. Meanwhile, the floor should be going down in the next couple of days......
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:48 PM

hello OGF - sorry I haven't been around to encourage you lately - but I see you are still 'bleating' about everything and complaining you can't get away and escape it all on a good run - OGF i hate to say this cos all those droolin lady fans can't - BUT I do think your running days are over - you need a much more sedentary life in a wheelchair - you know those wickerbasket sort with a nice wool rug for ya swollen knee joints??

housework - we don't know the meaning of it do we OGF?

ps: why don't ya pop over to leisurely scribbles and catch up with ya old mates - we also have a special lady who may be able to help with your skeletal problems - we already have a wheelchair character who will keep you greatly amused and spittie does need help with the box he is building on the side of his house??

AND as we are a group of growing 'has beens' we need more!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

26-05-2018, 10:00 PM

I always appreciate your words of wisdom Gumbud even if I think this old 'knackered nosebag' (Mrs Foxes description) has still got a few miles in his bandy legs yet.....

I shall try an early morning five tomorrow (just walking for the time being) and see how it goes. Better oil the wheels of the wheelchair though just in case.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Gummy, please stop pushing Bob around.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I always appreciate your words of wisdom Gumbud even if I think this old 'knackered nosebag' (Mrs Foxes description) has still got a few miles in his bandy legs yet.....

I shall try an early morning five tomorrow (just walking for the time being) and see how it goes. Better oil the wheels of the wheelchair though just in case.....
knackered nosebag! I do like that one - I do like her style -please give her my condolences for wot she has to suffer most hubbies would do all she wants without bleating so much about it. do watch out for those yank ladies they do like down trodden guys - "Herbie put another snagger on the barbie doll"

where do you find them OGF - were ya stiff upper lip or stiff upper spine for that matter.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

27-05-2018, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Gummy, please stop pushing Bob around.
someone has to help 'im spittie - when they go they snap like a broken reed - and that gang of aged groupies are doin 'im no good at all - and he actually believes them - talk about swollen egos!!

Page 138 of 190 « First < 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top