Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Re: The Irish

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
What on earth has geography, Irish or otherwise, to do with fence building? If the trump idiot can build one between US and Mexico then I am sure "The Irish" - whoever they are - can build one across the emerald isle if the fancy takes them.
Sigh!!! - much of Northern Ireland is rural, some of the farms even stride the border, therefore building a fence or a wall is impractical. Large parts of border counties both North and South are commonly referred to as 'Bandit territory'
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 09:09 PM

When did you last go to Ireland?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Obviously not in the last century!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sigh!!! - much of Northern Ireland is rural, some of the farms even stride the border,
We - the Irish - are aware of that UJ! It never stopped a 'border' being created before - why should it stop it now? Not that it is ever going to happen anyway.

My auntie in Newry had a house that straddled the border - the front door was in Eire - the back door was in NI.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

26-05-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Large parts of border counties both North and South are commonly referred to as 'Bandit territory'
Not by 'the Irish'.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 10:40 PM

We - the Irish - are aware of that UJ! It never stopped a 'border' being created before - why should it stop it now? Not that it is ever going to happen anyway.

My auntie in Newry had a house that straddled the border - the front door was in Eire - the back door was in NI.

As I said before ST, armchair politics are so easy, esp when those spouting off don't have to live with the fall out
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

27-05-2018, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
As I said before ST, armchair politics are so easy, esp when those spouting off don't have to live with the fall out
Very true!

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see a totally united - harmonious and peaceful - Ireland - preferably out from under the jackboots of Europe as well.

I'll just go and put my Unicorn back in the stable and throw some bread to the children of Lir!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

Three weeks ago!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

28-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Very true!

Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see a totally united - harmonious and peaceful - Ireland - preferably out from under the jackboots of Europe as well.

I'll just go and put my Unicorn back in the stable and throw some bread to the children of Lir!
That could happen a lot quicker than you imagine.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2018/05/2...wing-abortion/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

28-05-2018, 09:44 AM

That link won't open unless I subscribe to AOL - which I have no intention of doing!

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top