Join for free
Page 3 of 255 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 01:17 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

I dont count calories either--been there--done that--it just does not work--I follow a salimmimg world Plan---seems really esy to follow. Had my usual breakfast--just about to have some home made tomato soup, with beans in--not baked beans--like kidney beasns ad stuff--tonight I have salmon with spiralised salad. and probably a yoghurt somewhere along the way,

Good luck with the scales---you only have to do that first time once--it will never be so bad again. xx
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 03:05 PM

With the weather improving losing weight should become easier for me - if I keep on my feet that is. Went running a week ago and fell over by tripping on a mole hill in poor light. Came down on my left side, which is the same side I did some serious damage too with regard to my rib cage about 10 years ago - snapped the rib cage quite close to the sternum. There seems to be a pain delay with this type of injury and I wasn't suffering much for about 2 days so I went for a 10 mile jog. Chest hurt all the more whilst jogging and I was in quite a lot of pain for a number of days after. Seems to be picking up now though and I might well venture out again. I have either fractured a rib or bruised something or other. Hope I don't make a habit of this.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2016, 03:28 PM

Oh dear--all I can say is a big OUCH !! that sounds really painful---maybe leave the running etc for a while---if you have a choice that is--hope its all feeling better soon....
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 07:29 AM

Aye I went to slimming World years ago Mariana and it certainly works,I got into the habit of having green/red days and still do have 2/3 meatless days every week..I also never eat white bread/pasta/rice but prefer the healthier wholemeal/brown,don't use sugar and only semi-skimmed milk..I like to cook all My meals from scratch and steer clear of processed food and stuff which says 'low fat' usually means high in sugar,My downfall as I have a sweet tooth so I will try to avoid the biscuit/cake/cookie aisle in supermarkets from now on

Mark poor You,I guess You'll be on a diet of pain killers for a while,take care and don't bother about Your weight until Your body heals.x
mariana
Kent. Uk.

09-04-2016, 10:30 AM

Actually May, Slimming World diet has changed quite a lot--no more red or green days---which I could never get the hang of---concentrating more on healthy eating, which I have been trying for a little while. Its very easy to follow--no counting calories or points. I am similar to you on the things I chooses to eat--never buy frozen or ready meals---apart from anything else, they can be expensive--I am trying to manage on a strict budget, so its not always easy.
However, I woke up this morning with a very bad upset stomach--not quite sure wqhere thast came from, right out of the blue--need to take things easy as I am taking part in a quiz tonight. Keep things simple.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2016, 03:26 PM

Sorry to hear You have a tummy ache Mariana,hope You feel better soon.

Breakfast..plain pro bi' yogurt,boiled egg,
Lunch..home made chicken & leek soup,1 orange,
Dinner..Tandoori chicken drumsticks,large green salad,mixed fruit salad.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

09-04-2016, 04:57 PM

Feeling a little better now--just had
1 crispbread with cottage cheese
wrap with hoummous
banana
and tonight 2 hb eggs and salad.
Plus as Im going to a quiz tonight--everyone takes nibbles wine etc,, I will just take a bottle of water,, and my dessert--a yoghurt.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

09-04-2016, 05:41 PM

Never tasted hummous..is it nice?...Hope You enjoy Your quiz.

If I remember in SW You were allowed alcohol if You counted it as syns?

Just googled hummus and don't like the look of it, and if it doesn't look good to Me I just won't eat it...I'm not adventurous at all with food I'm afraid
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
Just googled hummus and don't like the look of it, and if it doesn't look good to Me I just won't eat it...I'm not adventurous at all with food I'm afraid
That's a mistake imo. As a kid I didn't eat yoghurts for years because they just looked odd and sloppy and gloopy.

Hummus is absolutely delicious esp the flavoured ones. The plain one I find a bit boring. Do try it.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND

10-04-2016, 11:52 AM

I'll think abut it realist..don't hurry Me now

Breakfast..scramb' egg,veg' smoothie,
Lunch..home made lentil/carrot soup,pro' bi Yog'
Lamb chops mixed veg.

Page 3 of 255 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top