Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 10:36 PM

Re: 100 word short story competitions

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
Copyright ?
Start a new thread under a different title. Somehow doubt writing short stories without reward will concern anyone outside this forum. I do it on other forums without any complaints. 👍
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 10:44 PM

The chap across the road is mad you know. Dangerous. And a killer.
I hear a noise outside. I take a shuddering breath.
Face pressed against glass I stare out.
Yes .. he’s out, shuffling down his path, dragging his wheelie bin. A streetlight shines on this macabre nocturnal scene. Something pokes out of the top. A human leg. Now I know real confusion. Doesn’t he know they refuse to take it if the lid is not properly down?
Behind me my padded cell door opens. Startled, I jump.
“Time for your medication Morty’ says a soothing voice. “Spying on Fred West again? ’

104 words
(Blowed if I could figure out where to get rid of 4 words).
Tezza
Kent
Tezza is male  Tezza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
The chap across the road is mad you know. Dangerous. And a killer.
I hear a noise outside. I take a shuddering breath.
Face pressed against glass I stare out.
Yes .. he’s out, shuffling down his path, dragging his wheelie bin. A streetlight shines on this macabre nocturnal scene. Something pokes out of the top. A human leg. Now I know real confusion. Doesn’t he know they refuse to take it if the lid is not properly down?
Behind me my padded cell door opens. Startled, I jump.
“Time for your medication Morty’ says a soothing voice. “Spying on Fred West again? ’

104 words
(Blowed if I could figure out where to get rid of 4 words).
All you need do is put a full stop after MAD in the first line and take out (you know), you are only two over?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 05:31 PM

removed.
Tezza
Kent

19-03-2018, 06:05 PM

It looks like the competition is over now but here's my story:

It never was a competition for this forum Mart, the competition details are in the first post. 👍
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 06:07 PM

I think it's a great idea for us to have our own little 100 word story ... ( we haven't already got one have we?).

Perhaps a new thread would clear up any confusion Tezza?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 06:19 PM

Ah OK. I thought the thread could be used for the stories too. Mistake put right.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

19-03-2018, 06:31 PM

Not a mistake Mart .... I did the same thing as you.

I can't see a problem meself. A story is a story.
Tezza
Kent

19-03-2018, 06:47 PM

Perhaps a new thread would clear up any confusion Tezza?

That would seem the best option M. Just need to sort out some kind of format as I have been on other sites with similar threads, and it isn’t long before some get a bit carried away and we finish up with short novels. 😏

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top