Join for free
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:06 PM

Now I know Christmas is here

Is it the trees?, the decorations, ? the excited children?,
No, today I saw in my local shop, cadburys cream eggs for sale..!! seasons greetings,,!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:32 PM

Re: Now I know Christmas is here

That's why it's called Boxing Day immediately after Christmas - they start getting the boxes of Easter eggs out.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
No, today I saw in my local shop, cadburys cream eggs for sale..!! seasons greetings,,!
That's about right, isn't it Primus?
It's not even cream, it's some horrible gloopy sickly mess nowadays.
Oh, and have you noticed that the legendary Walnut Whip is now just called a 'Whip' - for fear of people who are allergic to nuts, er, eating one?!
Nanny state everywhere we look. Gee, it's swell to be looked after by our government, isn't it?

Sorry bud, that was some mean digression!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2017, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's why it's called Boxing Day immediately after Christmas - they start getting the boxes of Easter eggs out.
Boxing Day starts on Black Friday doesn't it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->

Way, way, way behind the times. Easter eggs have been on the shelves in some of supermarkets here since mid November!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 02:14 PM

Happy Easter to you all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Way, way, way behind the times. Easter eggs have been on the shelves in some of supermarkets here since mid November!!!
I have to admit I don't think they'd put them away, the scene of Easter eggs next to Christmas decorations was rather odd.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top